PDA

View Full Version : Ebac dehumifier not working

Ingo
13-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Does anyone on here know anything about dehumidifiers here? I have an Ebac 2200 which is about 9 years old, but have only used it rarely. Recently it has totally stopped working, i.e. there is no life at all when switched on (checked fuse). What's the best way to get these things repaired, other than send it off to Ebac and get charged 50 quid just to have it looked at!! Is there anyone based in Northwest England who might be able to have a look? I'm in Liverpool.

Karl Hofmann
13-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Your best bet would be to ring round some of your local refrigeration companies to find if they work on these pieces of kit... I have started working on them for a local building maintainance company but have to have it in front of me as I'm not familiar with all the model numbers.

Andy AC
13-10-2009, 07:36 PM
If its a domestic dehumidifier, with any electronics/pcb's inside, it's probably not cost effective to have it looked at and repaired. If its a commercial one it might be worth getting a local fridge guy to have a look.

Andy

spimps
13-10-2009, 07:43 PM
First make sure water tank is in correctly and right way round so switch operates!could be on/off switch or some earlier ones were fitted with a humidity control switch which could be faulty.