PDA

View Full Version : Electrolux er2866bn OK till autodefrost?

Gazzamit
13-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi,

I have an Electrolux ER2866BN frost free fridge freezer which seems to work fine most of the time.

Occasionally in the past the Red light and alarm would come on but pressing fast freeze would sort that out.

It seems to be working OK, but then suddenly I will open the freezer and everything has defrosted, but no warning light is on and the alarm has not sounded.

It seems that it works OK up to the point that this happens. Pressing the fast freeze seems to sort out the problem again and everything freezes. Then several days / weeks later I find everything defrosted with no alarm or red light showing.

From research and guesswork, is fix likely to be a new thermostat, or is it something like the defrost timer not resetting? (if it has a defrost timer!). It seems to be OK and running fine, and I'm guessing that when it goes into a defrost cycle, and heater switches in that I may not come out of that mode?

I have fixed many electrical goods, and have many tools, multi-meters etc, though I've never fixed a fridge freezer, but would happily strip and replace parts etc.

(I see two common parts available - 'Fridge Thermostat air' and 'Freezer Sensor clg ZK73/46')

Thanks,

Gary.

tonto33
16-10-2009, 01:59 PM
try replacing the defrost timer as this fail quite often