PDA

View Full Version : dip switches on hitachi twin split

moondawn
10-10-2009, 09:39 PM
hi guys

I recently installed a hitachi twin split system in a house, 2 ducted indoors in the loft feeding 2 bedrooms with seperate controllers.
i test ran on heat and cool one of the bedroom units, the other i could not test due to the bedroom walls being painted and they did not want dust kicking around the bedroom and messin the walls up

Outdoor model no: RAS 2HVRN1

my question is: do i need to address these units in any way to make one a master and one a slave and also will these units run okay being in 2 seperate rooms on two seperate controllers?

thanks
lee

Imp
13-10-2009, 11:15 PM
You cant twin with a RAS 2 HVRN1. You can only twin with a RAS 3 and above.

The only hope you have is to dip the outdoor to tell it that it is a size 3 and also do the same on the indoors to tell them they are size 1.5.

What indoors have you used? I am assuming that they are RPI-1 but I fear they may be something else.

The electrical panels on the indoor and outdoor have the dipswitch settings. You need to be looking for DSW3.

Who sold you this system?

Imp
13-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Sorry - one other thing also. You cant control these units individually. It is not a 2-pipe VRF nor is it a multi. Hitachi do supply an IVX 3HP model which will allow you to do individual control. You may be able to get away with master and slave but it is pointless.

moondawn
14-10-2009, 04:54 PM
hi there

I have got mixed up with the split system i also installed.

the model number is RAS 3 HVRNME

the main thing i would like to know is dip switch settings and also is there a problem with this having two remotes and being in 2 different rooms.

if bedroom 1 is calling for cooling but bedroom 2 is off will the gas still go to the OFF unit therefore freezin the coil??

thanks lee