PDA

View Full Version : A/C service

paul210971
08-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Hi. I was wondering if there is a general industry norm for a 6 monthly and 12 monthly service of ac systems? Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

AbsoluteWDJ
08-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi. I was wondering if there is a general industry norm for a 6 monthly and 12 monthly service of ac systems? Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

There is no general industry norm. I tend to go by usage and what suits each customer. Office space I tend to offer biannual service. Commercial outlets biannual service and two filter clean visits in between services. Domestic either annually or biannually. Hope this helps

Brian_UK
08-10-2009, 11:17 PM
You could also try a search on this subject within the forum, it has been discussed many times.

Makeit go Right
09-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Suggest you take a look at the manufacturer's literature for the aircon kit. Normally requires 6-monthly maintenance to validate their warranty.

After that, there is usage factor to consider:
Computer rooms are 24-7 so should be seen every 3 months, as a generality. Site conditions can increase/decrease this. Also if only one system in there, rather than duty-standby it would be better to err on more frequent than less.
Offices & domestic with heatpump use (ie used all year around) you should insist on every 6months as a general minimum interval. Might need more if site conditions require.
Offices/domestic merely used for cooling in summer - well, possibly once per year at the start of cooling season.

I would start them off on the above basis and tweek it up/down after the first/second visits based on actual site conditions.

But with the warranty aspect, keep it per manufacturer's instructions and if silent, use the above as a minimum. I had one distributor void their warranty on their Midea unit because customer (only) was maintaining the kit during the year (doing ok job of it), with pro-maint contractor visiting annually -- Distributor said it had to be 6 monthly by maint contractor and voided on that point (real buggers -- any excuse). Anyway, the point is this that the warranty aspect can be important and you should mention it to customer (after the system is installed) when quoting for the maintenance.