PDA

View Full Version : Leaking gleacerin evaporative plates

tsounos
07-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi guys.
I need your ideas.
I had acall to go repair an old freezer truck.
That it uses gleacerin evaporative plates.
Wjen igot there i found tha the compressor was bad,the condenser damaged, and one of the plates was blown up like a huge balloon.
I ordered new compressor, and condenser,and the plate.
So i started with the evap. Plate, when i removed the old plate, i found out that the glicerin had got into the whole system?????
(the old compressor and the condenser ihad them removed) . I need some ideas how to clean the ssystem. In the old days for aburned out we used r-11 to removed the sludge.
Pleace guys give me some good ideas.
Iam ready to give up....

thermo prince
08-10-2009, 04:49 AM
Hi guys.
.... to go repair an old freezer truck.
When i got there i found that the compressor was bad,the condenser damaged, and one of the plates was blown up like a huge balloon.
..... when i removed the old plate, i found out that the glicerin had got into the whole system?????
I am ready to give up....

If that old and that damaged, it's diminishing returns scenario, "penny wise, pound foolish".
5th Nov is Bonfire Night in some countries! Perhaps you could start a campfire party in Greece that night, bring some beer and bbq. Charge a couple $ a head admission , make more than the price of the truck if it were scrapped!
;)

regards
T-P

lowcool
08-10-2009, 05:19 AM
does sound like a basket case,i would consider it probably wiser to replace system as you already have the major components.i find sahellite a reasonable and cheap effective flushing agent

tsounos
08-10-2009, 08:46 PM
The problem is that we bought a new compressor, new condenser and a new plate. I did not instaled them yet.
Wat kind of solvent i have to use?
The is no turnining back, ihave to face the problem.
Thanks again for your ideas, ican use some more.....
If i take care this problem, The ouzos are on me.....

lowcool
09-10-2009, 02:44 AM
sorry for this misspelling,shellite or maybe known as X55 its 100% hydrocarbon solvent and its cheap compared to flushing agents