PDA

View Full Version : New Freezer Room, what do you recommend?

beachbum
07-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi all, have a job coming up installing a new freezer plant. Room size is 8.7 metres wide, 6.0 metres long and 8.1 metres high (internal measurements). Freezer is to store seafood, mainly prawns and will need to run around -30 degrees celsius in a maximum 38 degree ambient temp. when being loaded with prawns going in at approx -20 there will be anywhere upto 20 ton according to customer. Im looking at a copeland 45 hp compressor with remote condenser which will give me about 28kw @ - 35 sst. As far as energy efficiency / running costs has anyone got some advice or recommendations, it would be good to get your input.

regards
Beachbum

old gas bottle
07-10-2009, 04:43 PM
i suppose the obvious one is use a pack or inverter comp set up so it has not one big unit thumping away ,or i would have two systems with some spare capacity incase of a failure and also set so it could cycle on one when not under load.buts thats just my way.:)

mbc
07-10-2009, 05:51 PM
What is your compressor Type?
is it one stage or two stage compressor?
-35 SST I think it is better you use two stage compressor

lowcool
08-10-2009, 05:09 AM
im with the old gas bottle,probably two comp rack with unloaders,id steer away from the copeland as i found on another thread id started (warning)it appears they are made to shift oil,well that was my interpretation of it anyway.run with bitzer with condensing at 43 deg.C. for allowance over the coming years as things dont seem to be cooling down to much,fan speed controller also.

smpsmp45
08-10-2009, 09:18 AM
I think the customers logic of bringing down the temp in the cold store is not right. Typically the material shall be under packed conditions / may be pallets. The heat transfer through that is a very difficult task. unless he is keeping them in cartons itself. So selecting the unit for -30 deg is not the right solution.