PDA

View Full Version : Mobile air con in roof help

barryd
06-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Hello everyone.

I have a mobile air conditioner and I'm not very happy with having the window open while it is on.

I was thinking of putting it on a strong enough shelve against the wall that is high enough to run the exhaust pipe through the the ceiling in to the roof with out adding or extending the pipes original length.

Is there anything that I should know that would prevent me from doing this ?

Thanks.

Barry

taz24
06-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Hello everyone.

I have a mobile air conditioner and I'm not very happy with having the window open while it is on.

I was thinking of putting it on a strong enough shelve against the wall that is high enough to run the exhaust pipe through the the ceiling in to the roof with out adding or extending the pipes original length.

Is there anything that I should know that would prevent me from doing this ?

Thanks.

Barry

No..

Just as long as the air could vent outside through the eaves of the roof.

Also be aware of condensation in the atic.

taz.

Yuri B.
06-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Hello. You may be unhappy twice as much: 1. wasting your money while air conditioning not only the room but also the street outside, 2. shortening the life of your A/C which is thus forced to operate very heavily overloaded. If you can lead out the exhaust through the ceiling, fine, just make sure the pipe is as short as possible and without much bendings - so that the exhausted hot air be conducted out as quickly and freely as possible.

Yuri B.
06-10-2009, 06:30 PM
There is needed to be done a neat perforation matching the diameter of the pipe, and, no matter where - in the wall or in the ceiling.

barryd
06-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Hello. You may be unhappy twice as much: 1. wasting your money while air conditioning not only the room but also the street outside, 2. shortening the life of your A/C which is thus forced to operate very heavily overloaded. If you can lead out the exhaust through the ceiling, fine, just make sure the pipe is as short as possible and without much bendings - so that the exhausted hot air be conducted out as quickly and freely as possible.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Yuri all I want to do is not have the window open while the hot air is exhausted outside.

The plan I have is to mount the AC on a strong shelve on my room wall as close to the roof as possible so the hot air is exhausted in to the roof via the ceiling. I can shorten the exhaust pipe as it is a Zip pipe and so I don't think I am going to air con the garden as the AC wil stay in my room :D