PDA

View Full Version : westwood takover

iceman8691
06-06-2001, 10:43 PM
does anyone have any info / comments on the purchase of westwood service dept by WR???

Steve
06-06-2001, 10:55 PM
For those of you not from the UK Westward Refrigeration is a commercial service company (or was).

WR refrigeration is also in the commercial service market.

WebRam
08-06-2001, 06:54 PM
Westward was officialy taken over by WR today at 2pm.

slloyd
10-06-2001, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by WebRam
Westward was officialy taken over by WR today at 2pm. Good luck and best wishes to all my colleauges at Westward Service in their new posts at WRrefrigeration keep in touch.
best regards

Steve
12-06-2001, 09:56 PM
Having had the misfortune to speak to the senior management of WR Refrigeration I can only remain pessimistic for the future.

How can a 65million pound business not have a personnel/HR dept, surely this tells you how much they value their employees.

Adey
13-06-2001, 12:49 AM
sold up the river,up the kreek without a paddle just some of the phrases which spring to mind

WebRam
13-06-2001, 08:54 AM
Just to let the rest of the members know.

There are 7 wrs (ex) engineers on this forum. I have shut down the wrs forum so expect a load more coming over here (the wrs forum had 45 members) (I was the admin for it)

WR have decided they don't hold with the web based stuff :rolleyes:

R DAVIES
13-06-2001, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Steve
Having had the misfortune to speak to the senior management of WR Refrigeration I can only remain pessimistic for the future.

How can a 65million pound business not have a personnel/HR dept, surely this tells you how much they value their employees.

Yes Steve I agree, but during my recent visit to their "office", I did notice a "top of the range" fax machine (that will leave a big dent in the 65 million pound turnover).

During a recent question and "answer" session, the mobile data had to go as it did not benefit the company (still waiting for a WR pencil to go with my pink jobsheet). As requested by WR I am taking lessons from my 4 year old, to learn to write again. Hahahahaha!!

Never mind, good luck all fellow Westward employees (not forgeting the unfortunate and loyal staff in the Gloucester call centre)!!!!:) :)

Robc
13-06-2001, 11:01 PM
Good luck to all you ex westward employees out their we`ve seen good times and had strange times together over the years, I hope our paths meet again. Good luck to you all from the boys down south [256/257]

brencool
18-07-2001, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Robc
Good luck to all you ex westward employees out their we`ve seen good times and had strange times together over the years, I hope our paths meet again. Good luck to you all from the boys down south [256/257] so what happenedto spencer roberts ? is he on garden leave having been the man player who got left behind...... bless him

iceman8691
18-07-2001, 09:30 PM
Speaking as a surviver from the old General Refrigeration days, I can remeber being told how the WR take over would benifit us all.......... its hard to keep the faith as the days, months, and years pass!
Good luck to all the ex westward engineers that have "chosen" to stay with WR , and just remember that a lot of things are in fact getting simpler, ie the skills required to obtain a management position....
So lets look on the bright side as christmas is on its way and we all belive in Santa, don't we???????

FreezerGeezer
07-06-2002, 02:18 PM
Man, I'm glad I got out in time! No one gives a S... about commercial techs anymore. I hear there were almost no Linde guys left by the time of the sellout to WR. I thought Linde used to take pride in NOT losing engineers?