PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Multi Split A/C problems

timholmes204
28-10-2004, 09:02 AM
im having trouble with a DAIKIN MULTI SLPIT model no.MY56AV4N , all electrics are ok , the fault code says OL , IP activated, the unit starts to run for approx.5 secs and then trips overload and continues to do so, the system is charged correctly, any help or tips would be greatly appreciated

frank
28-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Hi Tim

The MY56 "A" series is not one that I have seen in the Uk. I went on a Multi Split course in '94 and the current series then was "C". Looking through my notes and course syllabus I cannot find a reference to the fault code OL.

As the unit is tripping the OL (overload?) then my first guess would be to investigate the compressor motor windings. Have you done an insulation resistance reading? What about the fan motor as well - have you looked at this.

There are 2 reasons why a forced stop would be initiated:
1 Low outdoor air temperature
2 Outdoor coil exceeds 63 deg C (cooling mode)

None of these will cause the OL to trip though.

Perhaps you could give some additional information on the tests/checks you have carried out so far.

rbartlett
28-10-2004, 08:41 PM
personally I would take the amps then compare to the setpoint of the o/l

then I would take the result and proceed from there...

cheers

richard

Brian_UK
28-10-2004, 11:02 PM
<snip> all electrics are ok <snip> starts to run for approx.5 secs and then trips overload <snip>I would suggest that the electrics are NOT OK, have you checked the capacitors, (assuming 1 phase), start relay, compressor windings, terminal connections, starting current.

It appears that at least the overload is working correctly but you need to take some readings to help us make some informed suggestions.

madhhu77
18-05-2008, 08:01 AM
i am getting error code as j2 it is current sensor malfunction can any one tell me how to solve this problem

Major Phucup
21-05-2008, 10:41 AM
e5 is comp overload code for daikans. if you have infared remote for indoor units point at anyone while pushing all 3 buttons at the same time- 'mode' 'temp up' temp down' this will bring up OO where temp set point is normally displayed. scroll up or down with temp up or down buttons (1st digit only) untill you here the beeping sound change tone, this is the 1st part of the fault code. press mode once to change to 2nd digit, scroll again with up and down listening for change of beep- 2nd part of code ie "E5". press mode again will bring up afunny looking T-test mode. press mode again to exit. once you have fault code get a manual and fix.

Brian_UK
22-05-2008, 12:09 AM
e5 is comp overload code for daikans. if you have infared remote for indoor units point at anyone while pushing all 3 buttons at the same time- 'mode' 'temp up' temp down' this will bring up OO where temp set point is normally displayed. scroll up or down with temp up or down buttons (1st digit only) untill you here the beeping sound change tone, this is the 1st part of the fault code. press mode once to change to 2nd digit, scroll again with up and down listening for change of beep- 2nd part of code ie "E5". press mode again will bring up afunny looking T-test mode. press mode again to exit. once you have fault code get a manual and fix.I don't see any reference to a fault code of E5 within these four year old posts, was there something we missed ?