PDA

View Full Version : Water cooled package

Lancelot
02-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Hey guys, I have a problem with a two tons water cooled air conditioning package, it works fine, pressure temperature, amps, voltage all is fine ( actually it's two package, one works on 220 and the other on 550 ) but for no obvious reason the compressor stops working but not the blower, it cuts on what seems to be high pressure because we have to reset it by cutting off the power for a minute and then it restarts fine again, they both have high and low pressure switch that is directly on the line and connected to an electronic board...I suspect a few things such as those high \ low electronic pressure devices, for me nothing beats a good old mechanical high pressure cut out, could it be fluctuation in the electrical power or a drop in water pressure ??

Anyways, thanks for reading that looooong message and thanks in advance for your quality answers.

Good day all !!!:):D

Lancelot
05-10-2009, 01:47 PM
The problem was the electronic board, my gages was on the system and for no reason even if the high pressure reading was normal, the highr pressure cut out opened, I by-passed the board and it didn't go off again.

nike123
06-10-2009, 10:17 AM
The problem was the electronic board, my gages was on the system and for no reason even if the high pressure reading was normal, the highr pressure cut out opened, I by-passed the board and it didn't go off again.

Good: you found your problem!
Bad: You are now without high pressure protection!

:D:D

W.Miller
06-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Maybe the return water temperature was to high, which in term will cause a high pressure fault. Will it not?

goshen
06-10-2009, 08:20 PM
hi go one step ahead add a manual presostat untill u replace the board
i would not take any chances ,anyhow good diagnosis!!!

Pierre P.
08-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Sorry Nike123, I forgot to add that I installed a mechanical high pressure...
thanks for reading me !!!

Pierre P.
08-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the '' good diagnosis '' man, and yes just to be sure, I did install a manual cut out!!!

Pierre P.
08-10-2009, 07:25 PM
You are right about that, but the high pressure turn the system off even though there was no high pressure at all.

Thanks man

lowcool
09-10-2009, 05:52 AM
i take it these are a two wire encapsulated switch that screws straight to access point,have had to change a couple recently both had gone out of range in this case causing over condensing one assisting in compressor failure

Lancelot
09-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Bingo ! ! !