PDA

View Full Version : compressor with strange noise

SULTAN
02-10-2009, 11:25 AM
I have a coldtech 20usg reach in ice cream freezer that i am working on.
Cap tube system, critically charged with 9.8 oz of R404a.
Does not want to pull temperature lower than 12F.
We changed the cap tube but still the same, compressor pulling normal amps.
Low side 8psi and highside 220. (Seems normal pressure)

I also noticed that compressor started to make clicking noise, (sounds like water dripping inside the compressor )
Maybe a blocked condenser? or restrictions? any thoughts?

nike123
02-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Check this article! (http://www.google.hr/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.supco.com%2Fimages%2Fpdfs%2FManuals-Instructions%2FCap%2520Tubing%2520Manual.pdf&ei=cu3FSq30M5CmmAOqoolP&usg=AFQjCNFvtf7Jt1nkzDrFd9JGcb_v8VwCTQ&sig2=fk9ByVY1xSWxu65N0AHO-w)

D.quals
21-10-2009, 11:28 AM
My experience with the touch up pens and the like is that they color the scratch, but you still see where it has gouged that plastic or metal..

rizwankhan
05-11-2009, 08:24 AM
hi, couple check your capilary size if it is ok u can extend lenth of capilary tube might be effect on cooling,and charge the system sufficient.

amitsaxena
05-11-2009, 10:47 AM
There are two possibility

1. Its compressor issue, as sometimes if the compressor rotor stator balancing is not proper then its take a jerk to start the same and after running for some time the noise went off.

As its hermetic comp, u cant do much.
2. May be the discharge of the compressor is touching something metallic hence generating noise. as in the starting the vibration is high in hermetic comp hence may be during starting the noise is more.
Thanks
amit

tonyelian
05-11-2009, 08:00 PM
hi
if uhave heard the sound of water dripping into the compressor during start up u have too much refrigerant in the evaporator
u can try starting compressor for 15 minutes&turn it off if u still hear thie hissing of cap tube more than 3-5 minutes thats means u have too much refrigerant in the system
so i assume that u have a long cap tube
if u take a look to the p-t chart 8 psi is corresponding at -37f evap temp and u mention that its 12f so i think that u have a high super heat &a starved evaporator
did u change the drier
can u provide motor capacity&cap length and size

desA
06-11-2009, 02:41 AM
I also noticed that compressor started to make clicking noise, (sounds like water dripping inside the compressor )
Maybe a blocked condenser? or restrictions? any thoughts?

It sounds to me like refrigerant boiling out of the compressor oil. I've had this on scroll compressors after a period of not being run.

Can actually get rather worrying. Let the system run for a while & see if the noise disappears.

Gary
06-11-2009, 05:12 AM
What's the superheat?