PDA

View Full Version : Iiar

Peter_1
27-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Is someone member of IIAR?
I need a book but if you're not a member, well....I think it's a book with golden pages.

Peter_1
08-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Just as a refresher
http://www.iiar.org/catalog/iteminfo.cfm?itemid=1451&compid=1&pcatid=0

Others interested in this book? Perhaps we then can send a mail for some more.

chemi-cool
08-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Hi Peter.

They call it "The Bible of piping"
Maybe thats why the price is so high.

Good luck.

Chemi :)

PobodysNerfect
08-03-2005, 11:39 PM
I have that book (Ammonia Refrigeration Piping Handbook - the 2000 edition). Are there any special things you looking for?

Regards,

Jan

Peter_1
09-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Well Jan,I was interested to buy but as a non member, it's rather expensive.
Is it in your opinion a good book? It's very difficult to find a book about NH3 refrigeration. Reviews are also hard to find.
MarcC promised me once this book but after his ban here in RE after insulting many of our members, this will be history.

PobodysNerfect
09-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Peter, I am not a member either. Unfortunately it is not an electronic copy I have, so I can't share it with you, which would not be legal anyway.

I will scan one chapter so you can evaluate the content. If you PM me your e-mail address, I shall mail you. I could also include other information that might interest you.

The book is good for reference, but I don't think you would find so many new or better ways to do things. Hopefully, the installations you have done up to now, are done correctly.

Regards,

Jan

Peter_1
09-03-2005, 09:49 PM
That should help Jan. I was not looking for a copy but because it's rather expensive, I was searching for some reviews from those who read it.
Are there other good books about NH3 refrigeration someone knows?

US Iceman
16-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Peter,

I have been reviewing some of the old messages and found your question today.

Are you still interested in finding information on NH3 books?

I have been involved in the NH3 piping book, maybe I can help?

Best Regards,
US Iceman

Peter_1
19-08-2005, 06:47 AM
Hello US Iceman,

I overlooked your post and thanks for replying.
Yes, I'm still looking for books about NH3 and I think the book from IIAR is one of th best I found on the net.

I'm not looking for copies nor an electronic version.
I'm that old fashioned guy that still loves to have a hard copy one his book shelve so that I can take it with me everywhere I go, even to the smallest place in our house:D

But the Iiar is so expansive if you're not a member that this not an option. And I think becoming a member as a EU citizen is not worth the membership I think. I can't come to meetings or workshops.
So, If you can help me, even with other books, I should be realy gratefully for this.

Peter

US Iceman
20-08-2005, 04:00 AM
Hi Peter,

Sorry for the late reply. I overlooked the last post.

I am not a member of IIAR, but I do know someone who is.

Maybe I can ask them for the member price and get two copies; one for you and one for me. My copy is the draft review copy before the book was published.

The book has been revised and has several chapters updated.

Cost = US $175 for members (2 or more copies at time of order)

RETA (Refrigerating Engineers & Technicians Association) also has some very good books on NH3 systems. Most of the material has also been revised. I am a member of RETA.

Here is their website address.
http://www.reta.com/

I also like to have the hard copies for my review. I prefer a comfortable chair instead of a throne:rolleyes:

I have talked to some people to try to get out of print books published as an ebook. Not a hard copy, but better than no copy.;)

If you have any questions on NH3, please ask. I have been doing ammonia systems for a long time.

Best Regards,
Iceman

Peter_1
20-08-2005, 07:47 AM
Hello US Iceman,

No sorry, I'm always happy if someone takes the time to post here.
At the RETA website, do you mean the Industrial Refr I till IV series?

I'm also interested in the book from IIAR at the price you say.
Shipping it from you to Belgium is very cheap via M-bag, wished that there was also such a shipping system here.

Perhaps other members are also interested.

US Iceman
20-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi Peter,

The RETA books are written for NH3 systems, but do have some information for R-22, etc. These books are used for training new people or as review books. Book 1 is for basic system operation and theory. Book 2 contains additional information on systems and components. Book 3 is for maintenance. Book for is for safety and regulations (US only).

IIAR also has another book called the Ammonia Databook. It has a lot of information for ammonia properties, safety information and others.

The other book is the Ammonia refrigeration library. This is a separate book for installation guidelines, operating, inspection, and other useful bulletins for ammonia refrigeration systems.

RidleyNH3
22-03-2006, 12:31 AM
Are there any good ammonia sites/hardback books minus the high costs of joining?