PDA

View Full Version : starting a small market

bruce113113
29-09-2009, 01:56 AM
Hello Everyone,
I am glad that I have found this site as I could not find a clear description of how the refrigerated cases in supermarket work anywhere online
I am starting a meat market in North Carolina and I have a limited budget , so I was thinking of buying some of the refrigerated cases at an auction to save some money, the whole store will have a total of five cases and one 6 door freezer row, I thought I could buy those at an auction from a grocery store that is closing until I found out that there are compressor racks that are installed externally and bumps and several components that I was unaware of.<O:p></O:p>
so my question is what and how many components exactly do I need to run refrigerated meat cases, and is it wise to do what I am doing and buy them at an auction, do I really need all the components of the system as a big grocery store or i can do without some parts of it?<O:p></O:p>
I appreciate the help in advance<O:p></O:p>

joe magee
29-09-2009, 04:27 AM
I would buy self contained equipment, (Compressor and condenser together)otherwise you will be spending quite a bit on installation. Have someone knowledgeable go with you to inspect the equipment. Check the voltage of the equipment. Have an electrician check the store, you will probably need to upgrade. Good luck

coolhibby1875
29-09-2009, 09:54 PM
do not jump into buying anything before at the very least seeking some information from a local fridge engineer/company, Before you know it you will have purchased a whole lot of junk not fit for purpose the you really will be up **** creek!!!

750 Valve
30-09-2009, 02:12 AM
you can't just buy any old rack to run the cases, it may be over or undersized. You need some help from a refrigeration company, they are professionals, tell them what you want and they will advise if it is achieveable