PDA

View Full Version : Inverter Turndown Ratios

Makeit go Right
27-09-2009, 01:23 PM
The inverter systems ramp down/up to match the room load, which is fair enough.

What are the various duty turndown ratios for the various single split inverters?

Daikin, as an example, will ramp down to approx 50% before switching off on low load, as I understand it, though I thought inverters generally would ramp down to about 20% before cutting out on load/temperature.

Any other systems have a better turndown ratio (if that is the correct term for this feature)?

nike123
27-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Digital scroll 10%

NoNickName
27-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Digital scroll is not using any inverter. It's just a duty cycle of a solenoid valve.
50% on inverter ramp is quite reasonable. A system which requires reduction for more than 50% of the compressor capacity is grossly oversized.

olddog
27-09-2009, 09:31 PM
............... A system which requires reduction for more than 50% of the compressor capacity is grossly oversized.

..............or not a simple 1 + 1 split

Makanic
03-10-2009, 01:43 PM
The inverter systems ramp down/up to match the room load, which is fair enough.

What are the various duty turndown ratios for the various single split inverters?

Daikin, as an example, will ramp down to approx 50% before switching off on low load, as I understand it, though I thought inverters generally would ramp down to about 20% before cutting out on load/temperature.

Any other systems have a better turndown ratio (if that is the correct term for this feature)?

Lost me Sorry ???
turndown or switching off ??
A 8Kw Panasonic Inverter
will slow down to produce 0.90kw Cooling
& run Max compressor Speed At 8.6Kw Cooling

We call it Ramping Up Or Ramping down