PDA

View Full Version : Zanussi ZI 918/9 FFA

irrational
26-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi,

We have a Zanussi ZI 918/9 FFA Refrigerator-Freezer about 2 years.

Have noticed that the fridge part if not cooling to the right temperature recently. And today, it went completely fubar.

The settings are freezer is at -30 and fridge is at +12.

I cannot change these. Turning the fridge and freezer thermostat control knob temporarily chenged the indicated temperature (the temperature on the display flashes while it does this). But within seconds, it reserts back to the -30/+12 settings mentioned above.

So basically, all the food in the freezer is fine but all of the food in the fridge is going off very quickly as it's not being refrigerated properly.

Is the unit buggered or can anything to be done to reset/fix whatever has gone wrong?

One suggestion i've read is turning is off for 24/48 hours to allow the sensors reset but i only want to do this as a last resort as i'll have to figure out what to do with all the frozen goods in the mean time.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Daithí

spimps
26-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Any frost or ice in the freezer,especially at the bottom .

irrational
28-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Nope. There nothing like that. However, we did manage to get it working properly again.

Reading other threads, the general concensus seems to be to turn it off completely for 24-48 hours with the doors open. Hoping that the temperature sensors reset.

This seemed to have done the trick. Back in working order for now anyway.