PDA

View Full Version : trane rthb oil

goshen
25-09-2009, 12:03 PM
hi we have a rthb380 unit that works well ,but under extreme conditions ,condesning water supply is 34 deg c ,pressure drop on both evap and condenser are as desigend, unit operates all summer at 100% capacity ,their is no odd noise from compressor ,the unit is charged with r-22 ,
recently oil chekup came back with 95 ppm of copper, all other parameters are ok, no metal or oxidation ,
the unit uses oil025e, we suspect the bearings in the comp or errosion in pipes.
anybody encounter this problem ???
we are going to change all the oil and filter,
any ideas???:)

centrecipew
25-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi Goshen, How is the hours/starts ratio?? Also If this is still the original oil filter and oil I have found quite a lot of "Manufacturing Debris" in the first filter. Have you changed the liquid line refrigerant filter. In most cases the whole charge needs to be removed but on some of these machines they had isolation valves to enable a pump down. With these large screws if the bearings were "shot" you would have metal particles in suspension in the sample analysis. I have also found metal flakes in the filter housing when the bearings are worn. However, as you say that the machine runs fully loaded most of the time I`m fairly confident that an oil and filter change will effect a positive outcome.Good luck!!