PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba MAR104FTM8

El Padre
24-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Hello Folks,
Not long turned up on a call out, can't find fault code list, fault is 1d I am sure that it is either inverter compressor or rectifier fault, compressor insulation readings all ok', was wondering what manual suggests, thought I would try posting just in case anyone who works a lot with Tosh kit is on line, these Blackberries are great!

Loops
28-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Hi El Padre,

The 1d fault code indicate a problem with the inverter dive or inveter compressor.

Check compressor first then the drive.

The easiest place to make these tests is on top of the electrical can (above the smal vent fan). Take off left fan guard and fan surround, then remove the duct the vent fan blows into, then unplug the left fan motor. You'll find a set of compressor terminals there.

First check is the compressor start current - should be starting 0.5 - 1.0Amps then ramps gently up to about 9 Amps. If you see 15 - 25 Amps on start you have a siezed compressor. (you need a fast reacting meter for this)

If you have absolutely no Amps draw then there is a problem with the inverter drive.

For reference inverter compressor windings should be 1.5ohms between phases and open circuit to earth.

Next test is to check the outputs - this is easy. Disconnect compressor and re-start the system. Put your test meter to volts ac to cover 500v ac. You want to be testing across any two phases to the compressor (red to white, then red to black, then black to white) in each combnation the output voltage should be balenced.

Expected output voltage starts at 70v ac and ramps up to about 440 v ac.

If there is no supply I'd suggest changing the gate drive pcb and giant transistor.

IMPORTANT NOTE - before you stick you hands into the electrical control box make sure the large capacitors at the top are totally discharged - normal operational voltage is 560-580 v dc. Be careful.

Good luck with diagnosis.

Let us all know what you find.

Cheers

Loops

El Padre
29-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi Loops,
Thanks for replying, I had only tested winding insulation resistance to earth before I posted thread, I then discovered short between windings, its going to be "interesting" to change the compressor.
I disconnected comp. and tested power transistor outputs which were all the same and have therefore suggested comp. change only but have notified client that Converter/Inverter performance needs to be tested under load.

Thanks again.

Cheers