PDA

View Full Version : Thermo King SB-III MAX+

Leviathon
24-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi all,

I hope someone can lead me in the right direction on this one. A close friend of mine has a Thermo King trailer reefer that is labeled SB-III MAX+. It does not power up at all...I checked the battery and it is fully charged. I want to diagnose the problem, but it is kind of hard without a wiring diagram because all of the wires are the same color and harnessed together. My question is 2 part...I am assuming there is a detailed model number somewhere, where is it located? Also, Thermo King's website is useless in the service manual department, so where can I find the service manual for this unit?

Thanks,
Daniel

abbsnowman
25-09-2009, 04:41 AM
PM me at mark@futureclimates.ca and be detailed what your looking for and I will help you.

reefertech
26-09-2009, 01:21 AM
check the shunts on the circuit board. they like to get hot and melt the solder. if this happens the micro wont even power up

abbsnowman
26-09-2009, 02:15 AM
This is a max not SR. No shunts.

absolute-zero
02-10-2009, 05:24 PM
This is a max not SR. No shunts.

Clarification Abbs,

This unit was said to be a SBIII max+. If the unit is a max+ it will have a TGVI controller. This controller interfaces with a typical MP4 or MP5 interface relay board in which will have a shunt.

R-T

abbsnowman
03-10-2009, 08:40 PM
I stand corrected! :D

absolute-zero
04-10-2009, 02:14 PM
I stand corrected! :D

No problem dude. Now you know for future reference

A-Z