PDA

View Full Version : my chiller cabinet

cafecolin
23-09-2009, 09:00 PM
hi wondering if you can help before i go and get an engineer out my gastronome cabinet doesnt cool the top part the bottom storage part seems cold enough .the ektron rek33 display keeps flashing ps2 i think is it a fault or has it been kids pressing buttons on the display if you can help out and tell me what to do or to look for:confused:

Grizzly
24-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Colin
you could try and run it through a defrost.
Failing that call an Engineer!
Grizzly

lowcool
24-09-2009, 12:12 PM
im with ya grizzly.col remove power from the cabinet and reactivate after 5 mins.this may reset the controller if its at fault.i looked at your post earlier and could not configure the message displayed,generally a pf2 fault can be displayed but it generally relates to an evaporator probe.however my blurry vision thinks it maybe a stage two probe fault if a two stage controller is fitted ie.first stage of controller does your low temp side and stage two does your fridge side.

by the way i have never seen this controller and its an uneducated guess.good luck fella!

Grizzly
24-09-2009, 12:47 PM
SPOT ON LOWCOOL.
Basically it is PF2 not PS2!
Or at least it is according to my info.
Colin whilst offering some simple advise that is easily achieved.
I do not wish to go into detail as any further info.
Is best left for an Engineer.

Grizzly

cafecolin
24-09-2009, 06:34 PM
thanks for your replies i will get an engineer out i just didnt want to find out it was just the buttons been pressed and programmed wrongly
many thanks all

cafecolin
24-09-2009, 08:59 PM
your right it is pf2.ive tried leaving it for a day to defrost,ive also dismantled inside the cabinet and i see 4 small fans above the cold thing with fins on it there is a sensor in the fins.as i say bot part of cabinet stays cold but top part with gastronomes does nt its like these 4 fans dont start.ive tried power off and holding the up down buttonson then powering up it seemed to work flashing stopped and temp started to fluctuate between 6 and 7 but after 10mins it went back to flashing
it is a model sh3000/700 if that means anything
i know i should and will get an engineer but i just like trying things for myself first(just curious as to how things work) itsw just coming to the weekend and ive other fridges in my cafe for now

lowcool
25-09-2009, 04:20 AM
if you can discern the maker of the controller then you shouldnt have much problem in finding a supplier.its relatively straight forward to change,yes the cold thingy is the evaporator,i agree with grizzly about getting someone in to repair as some further adjustment of controller maybe required and also to make sure its functions are relative to the operation of the system.maybe ask him/her to bring air compressor and blow out your condensers as this is often overlooked

cafecolin
25-09-2009, 05:35 PM
hi mr oz man thanks for the reply what do you mean adjustments on the controller have you to hold certain buttons for 4 or 5 secs etc to reset everything as i said at the beginning this only seemed to happen after a young bairn was pressing the buttons the controller model is a Ektron rek33 .probably nothing to do with this

lowcool
26-09-2009, 01:01 AM
an offset maybe required as probe may not be reading true,if resetting the controller,is that back to cabinet manufacturer settings or controller manufacturer settings if the later it will more than likely need to be set up again.havent come across a controller manufacturer yet that supplies correct parameter settings

cafecolin
26-09-2009, 04:50 PM
hi what controls the switchin on of these 4 fans above the evaporater without them the top part where the salads are doesnt cool.also there is an orange indicator light at the side of the controller which never seems to come on is this an indicator light for the fans it appears to be linked to the on off switch .many thanks for to explain this operation

lowcool
28-09-2009, 12:02 AM
the controller operates the fans.if youve reset the controller and the fans dont run,the controller needs to be reprogrammed by a fridgie.

Magoo
28-09-2009, 12:12 AM
PF2 sounds like a probe failure # 2 the one in the coil that terminates defost.
magoo

cafecolin
28-09-2009, 07:08 PM
i swapped over the two probes and the fault code changed to pf1 so im trying to source a probe still dont know what the orange indictor light is for in the meantlme can i just wire up the fans to the mains bypassing the controller

lowcool
29-09-2009, 02:10 AM
mate if you have reset the controller your flogging a dead horse!

Magoo
29-09-2009, 03:19 AM
OK so the fault follows the probe change over. You need a new probe obviously, check the controller name plate and it will tell you what probes are required. Possible options: PTC. NTC, PT100. PT 1000, K.Ohm, JT.., what ever.
magoo

lowcool
29-09-2009, 06:27 AM
agreed magoo,all he has to do is locate a wholesaler feed em the model and manufacturer of the control and all should be well,but preferably before playing with the buttons.

coolhibby1875
01-10-2009, 06:57 PM
as pf2 is showing fault the sensor wont sense the temp on the evaporator therefore the fans wont start which will also result in the thing icing up,Call out a engineer to replace the probe