PDA

View Full Version : Whose is this unit

R1976
22-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Good Evening

Every now and then I run across a unit with a model number starting with KFR. They are badged under all sorts of names but I don't know who makes them or where to get spares from.

Are they made at the Haier factory/city in the far east?

I need a remote controller for a unit with a model number of KFRA-35GW, anyone know where I can get one?

aircon50
22-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi R1976.
Generally speaking most units that include KFR somewhere in the model ID, or on the PCB's are made in China by Galanz. They will have a wide range of badging, dependant on who orders them! As the ID includes '35' that will be 12k BTU (3.5kW) unit. I will look through my bin of remotes and see if I can identify a badge name for you.
Regards, Graham

R1976
23-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Where can I buy parts for these beasts.

Are these units sold in B & Q?

position1
02-10-2009, 02:35 AM
I thought these units were manufactured by Chigo Group China.

As to where to get parts or service information ?

mad fridgie
02-10-2009, 02:59 AM
All the chinese imported A/C machines I have seen start with KFR

aircon50
02-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi R1976

Sorry, have not got remote for this PCB. I think I may have mislead slightly when I said KFR units were made by Galantz. It's the electrics that are Galantz designed. PCB's often made by Shanghai Strong Co. So far, have identified 23 brand names with ID of KFR.
It's quite possible that the 'Airforce' units sold by B&Q have Galantz type electrics, and that the remote control will work - no guarantees!
Position1 - Chigo just happen to be one of the 23 names I've found.
Best of luck, Graham

Makanic
03-10-2009, 12:45 PM
A local supplyer that we have done warranty work for Had a K Series Model
Prefix was also KFR ..they were AUX Units
Good luck on your mission .I have been down this path Lots of times ,YOu can buy a Universal Remote (programable) recievers not responding is another issue.

R1976
12-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks all,

A universal remote from Maplin Electronics worked on the Gree setting.

Who knows where these units come from, even the people re-badging them don't seem to know.

position1
15-10-2009, 07:03 AM
I am fairly sure they come from
Guangdong CHIGO Air Conditioning CO.,LTD.

CHIGO is not a reseller, but is the manufacturer.

All models are listed on there website. Service information looks to be available, but is a total mess.

I have requested a sign in for there service section, this took about 2 weeks to be approved.

Now I can log in, but most of the links point to the same fault codes sheet for 1 particular unit. So the site is a bit of a mess.

The service manuals are available for the KFR series (and some others), but I am after a manual for the inverter series (CS-35V3A-D).

I have requested this info by email, and will keep you guys informed on how I go.

cadillackid
25-10-2009, 01:14 AM
I wish I could figure out who makes the PC boards for the Chigo made minisplit inverters.. esp the Grunaire, Turboair, Amcor, etc units... anyone know who makes the boards for them?

also, i have a service manual for the Inverter series Chigo units... its not great but it does help with them... i can email it to you if you like..

-Christopher