PDA

View Full Version : chocolate display fridge

rbartlett
19-10-2004, 05:23 PM
I have to go tomorrow to look at one of these. It's for some real fancy belgium chocs' and they are having humidity problems and chocs' going skanky

the only one I remember working on didn't have any humidity control.....

any ideas of what the rh temp etc should be for chocolate ??

any ideas/help/suggestions will be most appreciated....

cheers

richard

Peter_1
19-10-2004, 06:13 PM
I should say: 18°C and 50% humidity.
I have some big chocolate manufacturers customers.

They make a difference between storing for long term (14°C)and short term (18°C).
I will explain why but you will know this perhaps: if you should store them on 13 or 14°C in a display counter for direct sell, the soon you take them out of the counter, the humidity of the air will condens on it.
Best for a display counter is a small ventilation (perhaps there is one which is broken for the moment)

Sometimes they put the pralines to close by the evaporator or to close by the air coming out the evaporator.

I hope they don't use a plate cooling with metal or alu plates (condensation on the plates due to a too cold plate)

Defrost system not working properly (too long)

Is there an airconditioning in the shop itself?

On some cabinets, we installed under the evaporator a flexible heating resistance (those you use in the drain in a freezer) which can be set on manually to add heat so that humidity decreases.

Is "skanky" wet or more a white shine on it?

rbartlett
19-10-2004, 07:02 PM
thanks peter

as yet I have no idea what to expect but have printed your reply to take with me ;-))

will post more tomorrow if necessary

cheers

richard

rbartlett
20-10-2004, 04:46 PM
bit mre

it's a norpe duel 6/15+50% display counter.

trouble goes like this-
on 6 setting the air heater comes on and is controlled by the humidstat. -but no cooling

cabinet heats up etc..

15+50% cooling runs but the heater is off
cabinet cools down okay but humidity goes up because of the no heater

norpe reckon that someone has played with the controller

i shall return tomorrow and re-program to correct then we shal see

if anyone has anything to add -feel free.... ;-))

cheers

richard