PDA

View Full Version : ladders ???

Peter Mitchell
18-10-2004, 09:50 PM
have you looked at http://fridgetech.com/employment/
What is that guy doing I think the H&S department need to Know about this

Karl Hofmann
18-10-2004, 11:14 PM
This issue raises a question from me too. To raise my outdoor units up on to brackets, I bought a lifter from sub zero refrigeration, and for a one man and his dog band such as myself, it is a god send. When there is no room to get a cherry picker in, how do the rest of you get your units up a wall?

rbartlett
19-10-2004, 07:43 AM
have you looked at http://fridgetech.com/employment/
What is that guy doing I think the H&S department need to Know about this

the person has been notified that if he is caught again like this he will be relocated to scotland...

cheers

richard

chemi-cool
19-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Hi Peter.

I use a small electric hoist - 100KG to lift the outdoor units.
Hook it to the wall as high as possible and just press the knob.

I've seen somewhere on the web, an electric thing connected to a frame, shaped like upside down U connected to the brackets and pulls the unit up.

Chemi :)

Peter_1
19-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Hi Peter.

I use a small electric hoist - 100KG to lift the outdoor units.
Hook it to the wall as high as possible and just press the knob.

I've seen somewhere on the web, an electric thing connected to a frame, shaped like upside down U connected to the brackets and pulls the unit up.

Is that the 'thing' I tried to sended you some time ago? I forgot to ask to our Belgium supplier who was the original manufacturer because they don't make it anymore he said. Perhaps something for this group here to make it ourselves.
I saw a demonstration of it - perhaps 10 years ago - and it was realy easy to install and to use it.

chemi-cool
19-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Yes Peter.
I have found one with burned motor, had it rewind and use it.
Very comfortable.

But to be honest, units up to 2.5HP I carry on my shoulder on a ladder. Much faster.

rbartlett
19-10-2004, 06:55 PM
[

But to be honest, units up to 2.5HP I carry on my shoulder on a ladder. Much faster.

Chemi :)[/QUOTE]

OH NO !!!

Don't let Peter Mitchell catch you;-))

cheers

richard

Peter Mitchell
20-10-2004, 06:59 PM
I was mainly pointing out that he was not using the 1 in 4 rule for ladders. I am sure thay used the approprate lifting gear to raise the units. Or did thay?
I just passed a very strigent H & saftey exam, I cant help my self!

rbartlett
20-10-2004, 07:40 PM
[ I am sure thay used the approprate lifting gear to raise the units. Or did thay?

yes they indeed did..and the cost was docked out of their wages!!

cheers

richard