PDA

View Full Version : FF Write Off but still under Hotpoint Parts Warranty

leftexit
20-09-2009, 07:40 PM
I have ( had ) a 4 year old Hotpoint FFA74P. The local supplier is also the Hotpoint repair agent here on the Isle of Man. It needed regassing but when they took it to the workshop they state it has an internal gas leak which cannot be fixed. They have phoned Hotpoint who can supply the nearest replacement FF187LP but at a cost of £430 to me! Is this correct? Does the 5 year parts warranty not entitle me to at least a substantial discount if not a replacement machine if the original cannot be fixed? If I have to pay for a new FF myself I will not be buying another Hotpoint. Any suggestions of a more reliable make/model. I need a relatively large freezer section and bonuses would be quiet and economical. The rest of the gizmos I can do without.

tonto33
21-09-2009, 01:41 PM
first off they ripping you off on FF187LP you can buy them for £366. second would stay away from hotpoint and look at something german like bosch

spimps
21-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Used to work for major manufacture and we had an unofficial sliding scale of discount,but only if you shout loud and make yourself a nuiscance.At 4 years though we offered 20% -30% off a replacement price,not a lot but was usually accepted rather than litigation.
Put your complaints in writing to the manufacture,not of merchantable quality and all that.
BG

martin344
22-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Under 6 years old and major component failure. Not acceptable under sale of goods act (not fit for purpose. You should reasonably expect this appliance to last more than 4 years) Refuse to pay and demand full replacement f.o.c. A trip to your local trading standards may well give you the ammunition you need