PDA

View Full Version : help regd

coolhibby1875
18-09-2009, 11:26 PM
hi all

i have 36 ft of linde monaxis cabinets that requires a new condensing unit.
i require 1 of these dressed units 3 phase, the question is what size in hp would you think i need as the unit coming out is a twin scroll zb45 which is a tottall of 12 hp, i think this is overkill.
the cases are in a fully air conditioned shop that would never get over 24 degrees c, and the units would never been expossed to ambients above 32 degrees c.

can anyone recommend a good robust pack preferabbly not a searle.

chemi-cool
19-09-2009, 11:18 AM
The condensing unit size depend on the total cooling required.
It should be written somewhere on the cabinet.

multisync
19-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Artic circle make some decent packs..

chillled
19-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi, i would reccomend a danfoss optima unit, they're cheap, robust and dead simple, your local climate center should be able to advise you on duties etc, hope this helps

eggs
19-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Hi, i would reccomend a danfoss optima unit, they're cheap, robust and dead simple, your local climate center should be able to advise you on duties etc, hope this helps

LOL, i fell off my chair. Danfoss Optima nearly cost me my business.

JUNK, JUNK, JUNK! (doa compressors, leaks everywhere, duff relays)

I hope they have improved since i was last seduced by their good looks.

eggs

PS not installed one for 3 years, have they improved?

coolhibby1875
20-09-2009, 09:52 AM
hi i have checked the danfoss range thet are called optima plus now they look good have scroll compressors, klockner moller contactors and danfoss switches and speed controller.looks like they must have improved in the last 3 years. i was also looking at the silensys range also from climate, Anyone used these?

eggs
20-09-2009, 11:18 AM
We use the Marstair MCU+ range now. No probs in the last three years.
Sometimes we use the JE Hall Fusion range, again no probs.

Eggs

chemi-cool
20-09-2009, 11:21 AM
why not build your own?

Its not that complicated.

coolhibby1875
20-09-2009, 08:28 PM
chemi cool i would love to find the time to build 1 but in the real world thats just not possible!

supermarketguy
20-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi Coolhibby,

Is the customer a national retailer ? if they are, they will have a reccomended supplier list of manufacturers to use on their sites.

If not, you can use what you like. Hubbard or bitzer could be an option or Frostpack could build you a small pack for this application.

Supermarketguy

coolhibby1875
23-09-2009, 05:08 PM
hi supermarketguy

it was for a aldi store had a couple of platinum twin scroll condensing units they are probally the worst units i have ever come across i condemend them 2 years ago when we done the stores before.
got the contract back and was amazed to see them still there with the same problems but worse.
have optedfor a danfoss optima plus with the scroll compressors.
the problem now is convincing aldi to cough up some cash.

supermarketguy
23-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi Coolhibby,

These condensing units, woud'nt be the ahmet yar(Turkish)condensing units that Aldi went for a while back. These units were very Basic and at the time i belive that's all they were prepared to pay for.:mad:

I havent come across the Danfoss cond unit yet, but it will be expensive.

Supermarketguy

coolhibby1875
23-09-2009, 10:11 PM
hi yes this is the turkish one it has that silly aloy copper mix they use for the pipework/condenser that leaks big time also if you strip the unit down once it never goes back together right then eventually shakes its self to bits.
i think project first flooded these into the uk. the danfoss is suprisingly not that expensive