PDA

View Full Version : Tips on fitting condensers

Stoofer
17-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Hi i recently fitted a small Toshiba unit, the condenser was under 60kg yet buy the time i'd heaved it up the ladders infront of me I barly had enough strengh left to lift it onto brackets.

I thought maybe mounting a hook in wall obove unit and buying some sort of winch or pulley.

If anyone could give me tips on methods for mounting these units in future i'd be greatful.

Thanks in advance
Simon

Brian_UK
18-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Yes a pulley is a thought but not a sensible one.

Get some proper lifting tackle, Genie hoist or similar.

At the very least do not do it yourself !! Remember your responsibility under the H&S requirements also think of the extra cost to your pocket if you had dropped the thing :(

eggs
19-10-2004, 01:48 AM
hire a mobile tower for the day, then grab some big fella walking past and offer him £20 to give you a lift for 5 minutes
All in it will cost no more than £100.
It's a small price to pay for safe working.

cheers

eggs

Stoofer
19-10-2004, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated.

Karl Hofmann
19-10-2004, 07:11 AM
I use a lifter made by Sub Zero Refrigeration in Stafford the unit fits in to the top of unistrut brackets, or on to the BBJ type brackets and has an electric winch, the bracket that straps on to the condenser has an adjustable offset so that the unit will lift level. By far the easiest and safest way that I have found when you cant get a cherry picker in to do the job

chemi-cool
19-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Isn't this the same as in the thread ladders...

It should be combined.

Chemi :confused:

Karl Hofmann
19-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Ha! I passed comment on the other post and then saw Stoofer ask this question, so we ended up with two posts on the same subject

Stoofer
20-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Sorry guys i didn't notice the similar post....also thanks for letting me know about the hoist Karl i downloaded a demonstration video from www.Zubzeroltd.co.uk it looks like just what i need.

Stoofer
20-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Thats www.subzeroltd.co.uk anyone reading my posts by now propably already realises im dyslexic. :)

Karl Hofmann
20-10-2004, 01:29 PM
No problem, I'm glad that you could find his website, because I couldn't find it. I've had mine for about 1 1/2 years and the only problem that I had was lifting a couple of the 5Kw mitsubishis (They are quite square, and so too high) on to BBJ brackets. Those are better on to Unistrut brackets. The guy came up from Stafford and delivered mine at silly o'clock in the morning to make sure that I had it for a job that I was doing that day :)