PDA

View Full Version : Fan Speed controller

REMIS
18-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I am seeking a cost effective set it and forget it fan speed controller for chest type commercial frozen food display cases. Any ideas?

Magoo
19-09-2009, 01:34 AM
An electronic light dimmer, check ratings first so it does not overheat.
magoo

goshen
21-09-2009, 05:15 AM
hi make sure motor is fit for using this type of speed control
jhonson controles have some nice gadgets that work ,
and alco have some nice and small speedcontroles i use and are excelent

tmm
21-09-2009, 10:19 AM
I know that this idea is somewhat old fashioned these days but why not fit a pressure switch and sense the refrigerant at some local position!
I'm showing my age here but that's how we used to do it!!!

tmm

goshen
21-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I know that this idea is somewhat old fashioned these days but why not fit a pressure switch and sense the refrigerant at some local position!
I'm showing my age here but that's how we used to do it!!!

tmm
Hi u are probably right u could usualy use a standered presostat but if u want smooth action and less ware and tear then these small gadgets come in handy;)

old gas bottle
21-09-2009, 06:01 PM
SRW do them,not a bad little unit and use a sensor probe and not a pressure pipe so no intrusion into the system so a good retrofit :)

Frikkie
21-09-2009, 09:13 PM
An electronic light dimmer, check ratings first so it does not overheat.
magoo

Dimmer can work for small single phase motors. Leading edge and trailing edge PWM lighting dimmers are easy available, as Mr Magoo says you can check with supplier first.

Also you should get a dimmer with at least 30% higher load ability than the watts rating of the fan to allow for inductive load of a motor is higher (AC3) than a lighting circuit and also start current of motor.

old gas bottle
22-09-2009, 08:03 AM
just looked at your location.:rolleyes:may not be able to access there site over here.anyway there a multi fit
type unit so should be available anywhere ;)

nike123
23-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I am seeking a cost effective set it and forget it fan speed controller for chest type commercial frozen food display cases. Any ideas?
Why would you control fan speed when evaporator capacity is determined by that speed. Is it for control of capacity of chest display?
They are working in steady conditions and their load varies minimally. Products should come already near set temperature and ambient air inside store is conditioned and therefore not much variation in their heat load.
So why is there need for capacity control by changing fan speed?

D.D.KORANNE
21-10-2009, 08:11 AM
You can also use a temperature sensor ........... An old idea

Magoo
22-10-2009, 05:04 AM
Old Gas Bottle.
Looking at your aviator reminds me of a traffic delay last week, source of problem similar to your aviator, very pleasant to drive by slowly.
martin

Sledge
23-10-2009, 10:02 PM
I am thinking the same thing as posted above...varying evap fan speed seems like it would cause freezing problems. Never seen this...is it common, over the pond?