PDA

View Full Version : condenser fan motor source

FEISTY
17-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Greetings to all and hope business is improving. I am in need of a source for a newer style refrigeration condenser fan motor now being used in 1/4, 1/3, and 1/2 hp reach in units. We are all familiar with the normal 6 and 9 watt 115v round cast iron and aluminum style. I have come across a " new and improved " 4" square style that is extremely difficult to find on a regular basis. Most popular sizes are 6 and 9 watt 115v 1550 rpm spec. I can locate from manufacturer stock but there is the " we have it, you wait for it " attitude. Pricing is then list so any profit is gone. Local motor houses have become the same problem as others. They don't know what it is, don't stock it, don't want to bother, etc. Does anyone have a contact that WANTS TO HELP THE CONTRACTOR instead of the usual " it ain't on the shelf...we don't have it " answer. U.S. source is preferred since I am based in Illinois. It frosts me something bad since I ran a counter for 8 years and believed we needed the contractor not the other way around. Makes me want to get off the street and open that " dream " counter where you care about helping the tech instead of sending him out the door empty-handed. Trenton mfg. is the familiar name on the condenser but buying direct is still " list ". Greatly appreciate any leads you can offer and, as always, I am here to help whenever I can. By the way...conversion onsite to a reg. round 9watt is possible but motor stand must also be modified as square style mounts with 4 metric screws to guard and stand is just floating support. Thanks and best wishes to all !!!

Electrocoolman
26-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi Feisty,

Have a search for ELCO or EBM. They both make 'multifit' motors. These are square bodies with both foot, 3 hole front and back mounts and extended body screws which can also be used for mounting. Threads are M4 on all these motors.
Common over here in Europe.