PDA

View Full Version : 51 Fault code for City Multi

Teknicool
17-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Hi Guys (& Gals)

Can anyone tell me what a 51 error / fault code is on a city Multi unit ( PURY-P200YEM-A) relates to?

Pulling my hair out now, and the geek squad at Mitzi seem to be a little quiet on the subject.

I had one of these faults earlier in the year and found that it related to uneven power accross the 3 phases (or so it seamed at the time). I have checked this and all is ok to all indoor and out door units. The PCB is set up correctly for the size of unit but still the little blighter seems to be playing silly bu**ers.

Can any of you highly skilled gentlemen out there help this, clearly thick bloke with what is now an extreamly bald, heavily scratch marked head to figure this little canundrum out?

Thank you gentlemen

TC

acnerd
17-09-2009, 05:11 PM
At some point or other in the near future, a member called Thermatec will be telling you exactly what is wrong. For now though, the '51' is not the fault code, but the address of the outdoor unit which has reported the fault code. The fault code would be 4 digits long eg 1301, 1501, etc. This would be reported in the same part of the display on the controller. In addition, on the main PCB in the outdoor unit, the red LED display will show the fault code too.

I am surprised Mitsubishi technical aren't helping much, they know their stuff.

Teknicool
17-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

The problem that I have is that the engineer has said that there is no other codes visible anywhere on the display. When I informed Mitsubishi, this is when the chap said thet we needed to check the power to all indoor units. This confused me a little.

In the main, we get really good service from the guys at Mitsuibishi but they must have been having a day like mine. To make matters worse I did have a book that told me what all the fault codes were but I did the unthinkable and borrowed it out to an engineer who soon after, left the commpany and has taken the book with him.

I will have to go to site in the morning and have a look as trying to give help over the phone is a nightmare.

Thank you for your help.

TC

El Padre
18-09-2009, 05:21 PM
If you ask Mitsi technical to e-mail you the service manual for that system, I am sure that they will oblige, they always have done with me.

Cheers

Teknicool
18-09-2009, 10:13 PM
That's a good idea, I wil do that on Monday.

Thanks

TC

Grizzly
18-09-2009, 10:37 PM
A man good enough to impart information.
Should not be without!
Check the attached,I hope it is of help?
Grizzly

Thermatech
19-09-2009, 10:19 AM
When you have the correct service manual you can use the SW1 dips on the outdoor circuit board to recall from the memory the last 10 faults recorded by the outdoor unit. (Unfortunately this does not give the date & time for each fault)
Also recall for the last fault what the operating data for any temperature sensor or pressure sensor at the outdoor unit was at the time of the last fault stop.

From this information you can see if the unit has been tripping on the same fault & if its a fault with the outdoor unit then the recorded sensor data will help you to diagnose what may be causing the fault.

If the system is connected to a G50 central controller you can use the engineers mode to recall the last 64 fault codes recorded by all the systems connected together with the time & data for each one.( provided the correct data & time has been set at the G50 )

There is alot of data recored in the system which you can recall, provided you know how, which can assist you to locate a problem.

If you can get this type of data from the system then the chaps on the tech help desk will be able to assist further.
But as 51 is not a fault code & not in the service manual it would not be possible for them to help without further information.

Teknicool
19-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks Grizzly,

Thats magic is that,

TC

Teknicool
19-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks Thermatec,
This gives me loads more to go on..

Regards

TC

spincellar
01-04-2010, 06:29 PM
you guys are a great help. I found this with a search on Yahoo.us. The outdoor unit appears to have a refrigerent leak