PDA

View Full Version : Danfoss Thermostat How To?

matthewthirlwel
17-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Hello
I am an Ice Machine Engineer. I have replaced the Timer on a Brema Ice maker. And found the Thermostat is out of order. I could'nt locate one so after consulting old threads on here. Found a useful and very specific old thread recommending a RAN 29 Thermostat as a replacement for this and a whole bunch of other Generic same olds. With different names. When it arrived It said on the packet 'To fit Tricity Fridge' but... anyway . My question is this is an adjustable Stat. and I know it needs to be set half way for my application.
But wiring it???

There is The 1 and 2 body terminals (obviously earths)

Then a (3) single teminal
then (4) a double terminal
then (6) another single terminal.
The numbers in brackets correspond to numbers printed on the stat beside each terminal

could anyone shed any light on this for me please. Matt
P.s. Just thought I can P.M. this to the guy who recommended the stat as well! :-)

Shibhrac
17-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Usually ice maker machine's thermostats are differant to double door refrigerators unless you want to take the risk of modifications. First of all let me ask you some questions.
What was the faulty thermostat?( I mean pin stat or harvest thermostat. )

matthewthirlwel
17-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Evaporator Thermostat. that brings in The defrost timer and hot gas solenoid.

Shibhrac
17-09-2009, 12:42 PM
As you know each thermostat has part number. Try to compare the applications of the old one with the new one by using google search. If it is direct replacement then have a go and install it.

matthewthirlwel
17-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Basically I wanna know where's the live go in and wheres the live coming out attach to and can I blow it by getting it wrong

lowcool
17-09-2009, 01:26 PM
experiment and find out,using ohm test only,mind you

Shibhrac
17-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Actually if you scan the body of the thermostat you will find some thing like a chart which shows each point and the amp which each contact point will stand. The low amp is usually for the heater. The high amp points are for compressor and common and then use your meter to recognize which is common

sean1
17-09-2009, 10:16 PM
contact a company called prg services based in london they stock all parts for brema

coolhibby1875
17-09-2009, 11:59 PM
heat and cool the phial and put your meter across the terminals

coolhibby1875
18-09-2009, 12:00 AM
more to the point phone climate centre and ask for a stat for a brema ice maker i got 1 2 weeks ago no problems

matthewthirlwel
18-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Thankyou everybody
Much appreciated.
Matt