PDA

View Full Version : Alto swimming pool heat pump

A2E Services
15-09-2009, 07:21 PM
I have just been to an Alto swimming pool heat pump that was freezing the condenser coil and going into defrost constantly. The manufacturer said the gas charge was low, after removing the R407c and recharging to the exact amount the customer has said that the coil is still showing signs of heavy frost and internal pipe work freezing. Any one else had problems with these, it's a brand new system?

goshen
15-09-2009, 07:38 PM
hi what are the outside temps?
what is the water temp ?
what are the pressures suction and discharge?
i think a good answer could only be offerd after u give this info.

A2E Services
15-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Hello Goshen

Ambient temp 18 degrees C
Air Off temp 10.7 degrees C
Water temp was 16 degrees C
Suction pressure 2 bar
Discharge pressure 10 bar

goshen
15-09-2009, 08:16 PM
hi your lo side does indeed seem low but what is the pressure drop on the unit ?
u should check the superheat and subcooling .
r-407c is very similar to r-22 so u can basicly use the same refrences for correct pressures
what is the delta between entering and leaving water?

multisync
15-09-2009, 09:23 PM
The expansion valves have a habbit of failing but with such a low water temp it's probably dragging the suction down. leave it for a few days and see what it does.

goshen
16-09-2009, 05:13 AM
The expansion valves have a habbit of failing but with such a low water temp it's probably dragging the suction down. leave it for a few days and see what it does.
Hi there i dont think it is a good idea .u could take some action now and prevent damage to the unit.
:eek:

multisync
16-09-2009, 07:41 PM
[/b]
Hi there i dont think it is a good idea .u could take some action now and prevent damage to the unit.
:eek:

Fools rush in...?

Try shutting the flow to to raise the hp into the green area (20 bar) and see what effect that has..

A2E Services
16-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks multisync

Will have a look in a day or so and see if water temp has improved. If not will send back to supplier and get new one as only a couple of weeks old.