PDA

View Full Version : Do we need an Electrical Controls Forum?

deetooarruk
15-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Hey RE Members!

Just an idea to create a dedicated forum for controls and controllers... For all fellow electrical controls experts!

Main reason, is that I think the Electrical forum is quite a 'general' term for the electrical side of refrigertaion.

A forum that is more specific to the Electrical Controls side could tidy up the Electrical forum and make it easier to find information about differing ways to control:

compressors / condensers / fail-safes / alarm-chains / plant controllers / case controllers / coldrooms / front-end supervisors... etc... Anything Electrical Controls-related.

Just an idea though, please comment.

Tesla
15-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi deetooarruk
This is a forum for Refrigeration and HVAC. I think it could be a good idea to have a controls section (not forum) under the Technical classification. If you find a dedicated controls forum on the web please post it so we can visit it when we need to. Controls is a big part of refrigeration, posts with wiring diagrams would be usefull when learning how and why things work.

deetooarruk
16-09-2009, 09:23 PM
If you find a dedicated controls forum on the web please post it so we can visit it when we need to.

I did a quick search, nothing.

pest110
23-09-2009, 01:28 AM
hi every one i do think we need a forum for electrical controls cause i have a problem and is in a desperate need of help

Tesla
23-09-2009, 06:08 AM
Bloody marvelous Guys
We do need a controls section and I hope the moderators take this into consideration when this site is updated next. Thanks very much.

5k probe
27-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi Guys,
I worked as a service engineer for 10 years on Elm control systems,Tuscan 5's, supervisor 64 etc and have recently been involved in the commissioning of the Danfoss AK255 panels. If I can be of any help in control problems please let me know.
regards
Paul

Researcho
27-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Hey RE Members!

Just an idea to create a dedicated forum for controls and controllers... For all fellow electrical controls experts!

Main reason, is that I think the Electrical forum is quite a 'general' term for the electrical side of refrigertaion.

A forum that is more specific to the Electrical Controls side could tidy up the Electrical forum and make it easier to find information about differing ways to control:

compressors / condensers / fail-safes / alarm-chains / plant controllers / case controllers / coldrooms / front-end supervisors... etc... Anything Electrical Controls-related.

Just an idea though, please comment.
A seperate forum would probably make it a bit easier for more specific searches through as General forums can get lengthy sometimes.

still learning
31-01-2010, 07:55 PM
i would like this , with so many around, to be able to look up the exact one you have, and be able to interrogate it , would be very handy.

David40
21-08-2010, 02:09 AM
Absolutely YES!!!

I would go one step further and add a thread where members can post their schematics, diagrams, vector graphics, and symbols libraries.
Don't know about you but when it comes to complex controls I'm dead in the water without a schematic, and I enjoy creating one if there is none available.