PDA

View Full Version : Weird noise

sandy1976
11-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I need help!
I have a LG GWB227WLQA fridge/freezer (3 months ago) and just an hour ago I was cleaning the fridge when I started hearing a weird noise coming from the freezer. I opened the door and realized the noise was coming from the bottom part of the freezer, behind the drawers there's a little vent thing and that's where the noise was coming from. The noise sounded like water was dripping on something really hot, you know when you do a barbecue and want to cool down the coal with water, it was that sound. It didn't smell of burning but It freaked me out. I unplugged it straight away. Can someone please tell me if it's normal and I'm just freaking out for no reason, or is it serious and I should call the store where i got it from?

fowlie
11-09-2009, 10:08 PM
is it a american style fridge if so its likly to be the defrost heater defrosting the freezer and the noise is water dripping onto heater,quite normal

sandy1976
11-09-2009, 10:12 PM
but i never heard this noise before. I turned it on after, but only for a few minutes, and i didnt hear anything. I'm scared to turn it on again.

fowlie
11-09-2009, 10:41 PM
you wouldnt normally hear it when the doors are closed but should you want just get a repair man to check it out as it should be under warranty.but the noise is normal for a frost free freezer as the heater is a bit like your kettle heater which would make the same noise when theirs no water in it.