PDA

View Full Version : Foster double door freezer

SikaStag
09-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi
Cn anyone tell me how the fan blades should be positioned in the above freezer. should the fan suck air in or blow air out, I took it off to clean it, I am now not sure if I put it back facing the correct way.

Cheers

sedgy
09-09-2009, 03:01 PM
the boss would normaly be on the outside of the shaft, if not sure look on the edge of the fins the airflow normally leaves an edge of dirt on the inlet of the evaporator fins let us know how you go on with it.

SikaStag
09-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi
What's the Boss?. Sorry I know not a lot about refrigeration. I took the fan blade off to clean it, the fan motor did not move. The evaporator is behind a panel out of site. I should have typed a fan not fans in my first post, it only has one fan.

I would like to know whether the air should be blowing out from the evaporator or being sucked in towards the evaporator with cold air coming out of the bottom of the panel that holds the evaporator.

Hope this all makes sense to you.
To confuse you further, this is a foster freezer that has been converted to a chill to hang deer carcasses, I have 2 Red deer hanging in it right now, The meat seem to be moist not dry, this is what made me think that I had the fan blade on the wrong way, i.e sucking not blowing.

Cheers

sedgy
09-09-2009, 05:14 PM
hi sicastag,
the boss is the round metal part that is stuck to the fan blade with the grub screw init to tighten into the shaft of the motor, the air flow would normally be in at the top and out of the bottom, idealy not blowing directly onto the meat, it is difficult to visulise your setup,come back if you arnt sure

multisync
09-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Fosers draw air in over the motor then through the evap and down the back -or if the unit is between the doors the air is in > down and out

coolhibby1875
09-09-2009, 09:30 PM
it doesnt matter what way you put the blade on, In the sense of sucking and blowing. If you put it on the wrong way the air will still go the right way but just not as strong. to get the air to go the opposite way you have to twist the blades around to reverse the pitch.

SikaStag
09-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the replies, looks like it is doing the right thing. My temp meter is showing 1.6º C, witch is between 1º & 3º which is where I was aiming for.
Any info on why the meat should be dampish looking. I hung a lamb for 6 days, it was the meat was well chilled and a delight to butcher, the deer meat has no covering of fat like the lamb had, would this be any reason for the damp.
I am having a walk in chill built in the next month or so, any engineers in the Scottish borders looking for a homer.

Cheers

Gary
09-09-2009, 11:30 PM
If you put the blade on correctly, the blades will scoop the air as they turn. If incorrectly, the blades will backhand the air.

mcunliffe4
10-09-2009, 11:21 PM
blades such air through evap and into ducting behind shelving