PDA

View Full Version : Refrigeration Piping

GBRD
09-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi All,

Does anyone have info on sizing of Wet return lines from evaps? What's the velocity limitation & how to select the Regulating valve size?

Data:

Load Gross - 1400 kWr for total 4 off chambers of a tunnel. Each chamber has 2 off 55kW motors with high cfm fans. Evap temp = -40 deg C & Cond temp = +35 deg C. Two stage screw comp plant.

Accumulator is sitting at +4 mtr higher elevation from WR outlet nozzles of tunnel & pump flow rate is 5.041kg/sec @ 5:1 cir ratio.

If someone knows sizing of WR lines & REG valve sizing, pl do respond.

GBRD

sarthan
10-09-2009, 07:37 PM
tell me the distanance-kw of each lin if its suction or discharge and the refrigerant you use and the temp of chamber

GBRD
15-09-2009, 07:45 AM
tell me the distanance-kw of each lin if its suction or discharge and the refrigerant you use and the temp of chamber
Sorry for late response.

Main hdr is located almost 3.5 mtr high from 4 off WR nozzles of chambers. Distance of pipes is a bit awkward due to site constraints & is: Ist tapping-1.75m V + 4m H + 1.75mV + 0.7m H. II tapping-1.75m V + 2m H + 1.75m V + 0.7m H. IIIrd tapping-3.5m V + 0.7m H. IV tapping -same as IIIrd. (V=vertical & H=horizontal). Same sort of distance (route) with liquid lines plus liquid inlet of all 4 coils are located 1 m below WR nozzles. Product starts from one end of tunnel @ +15 deg C leaving last chamber @ -18 deg C. Pl do let me know velocity recommendations in all 4 off WR lines also. regards