PDA

View Full Version : goodman ducted, no model number

paul_h
08-09-2009, 03:31 AM
I've got an a/c with a compressor burn out. There's no problem with getting a compressor, but is there any way of getting what the a/c model number (for insurance) and refrig charge info for obsolete goodman units?
The a/c is about 10 yrs old, the name plate has weathered away. Any way to work it out from the compressor or physical dimensions or indoor unit for obsolete goodman a/cs?

lowcool
08-09-2009, 12:16 PM
whats the name of the insurance company,accepting a claim after upto ten years thats bloody fantastic !!

paul_h
08-09-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't know, that isn't my problem ;)
I give them the info they want, they pay me and seek reimbursment from the insurers. It's not like the insurers are covering something for 10 yrs on their own backs, the first 5 are covered by manufactures warranty, even for domestic fridges.

I do know that I replaced a burnt out indoor fan motor on a 13 y/o Prime ducted split that was covered under insurance before (I got the cheque from the insurers on the day of the repairs).
Some insurance companies have a 10 yr policy and obviously others even have a ~15 y/o policy.

Brian_UK
08-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Anything on the Goodman site that might help?
http://www.goodmanmfg.com/Home/Goodman/Sitemap/tabid/112/Default.aspx