PDA

View Full Version : dossat

adam
08-10-2004, 12:19 PM
does anyone know where i can pick up dossat's book in australia? :confused:

chemi-cool
08-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi adam.

Try ebay first, I've seen there one for $5.
Amazon has second hand books and there are many more places on the web.

Why only in Australia? There is a big world out there and for a small fee, you will get it over there.

Chemi :)

RogGoetsch
08-10-2004, 05:37 PM

FYI, my current copy is Principles of Refrigeration, Second Edition, by Roy J. Dossat. Publishers: John Wiley & Sons, New York, Chichester, Brisbane & Toronto. ISBN# 0-471-03550-5 (any bookstore can order by ISBN#)

Peter_1
08-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Mine is 5th edition

Abe
08-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Ive just peeked on my book shelf.......
Mine is second edition!!!
:(

Peter_1
09-10-2004, 07:38 AM
I have the third and the fifth edition. The 3rd is by far the best, more math oriented and the motor section should never have been removed for the 5th edition.
I thought that a next edition always was an improvement of the previous one.
I will look for a 3rd edition.
Is that the same for the ASHRAE books? I thought that a new edition contains the same issues as the previous editions, just actualized to the new techniques. It isn't a complete new book I presume?

Andy
09-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Hi :)
mine is the fith edition, but with imperial units, it's all the book shop at Queen Uni Belfast had at the time, must buy a metric copy for convenience. Marc you are right the copy that I used to have that I let a guy and never got back was in the good old days before HFC refrigerants were popular, much clearer and better content.

Kind Regards. Andy :)

Gary
09-10-2004, 12:24 PM
I thought that a next edition always was an improvement of the previous one.
I will look for a 3rd edition.
Is that the same for the ASHRAE books? I thought that a new edition contains the same issues as the previous editions, just actualized to the new techniques. It isn't a complete new book I presume?

If I'm not mistaken, Roy Dossat is deceased and the newest edition has been revised by Thomas Horan.

adam
11-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Hi adam.

Try ebay first, I've seen there one for $5.
Amazon has second hand books and there are many more places on the web.

Why only in Australia? There is a big world out there and for a small fee, you will get it over there.

Chemi :)
yeah, but i already have some tafe manuals, so i'd like to look at it and compare first

mcamacho
11-10-2004, 03:26 PM

Well, in ASHRAE the information from edition to edition varies. If old information is still considered as "correct" is something I can not tell, but some sections are eliminated, some are developed, and some are completely renewed.

donhoban
11-10-2004, 05:22 PM

There's a technical bookshop in Melbourne - near the university and on one of the major squares in the city centre. I was only there once so don't rememeber the name or address.

But it had Dossats and ASHRAE guides - a rare thing indeed.

PS 5th Ed is a poor version compared to my old copy of 4th Ed

Krups
14-07-2005, 10:23 PM
anybody got the isbn for the 3rd edition dossat ?
or a spare copy ?
:D

wambat
15-07-2005, 06:59 AM
Well, in ASHRAE the information from edition to edition varies. If old information is still considered as "correct" is something I can not tell, but some sections are eliminated, some are developed, and some are completely renewed.
That's why I never get rid of my books, I have his first edition and fifth edition boy what a difference I like the first edition the best. I bought it in a used book store some years ago.

frank
15-07-2005, 10:24 PM
That's why I never get rid of my books, I have his first edition and fifth edition boy what a difference I like the first edition the best. I bought it in a used book store some years ago.

Well give him the ISBN number then :D

wambat
15-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Well give him the ISBN number then :D
"anybody got the isbn for the 3rd edition dossat ?
or a spare copy" ?
Dear Frank :D Unfortunatly, I happen not to have the 3rd edition, nor do i have the 2nd or the 4th or the 6th :D :D :D

Temprite
16-07-2005, 01:40 AM
There's a technical bookshop in Melbourne - near the university and on one of the major squares in the city centre. I was only there once so don't rememeber the name or address.

But it had Dossats and ASHRAE guides - a rare thing indeed.

PS 5th Ed is a poor version compared to my old copy of 4th Ed

Corner of Lonsdale and Swanston Sts.
RMIT university book shop.

dogma
06-11-2005, 12:31 AM
Hi Adam. I've been chasing the same book here in Australia. No good yet but I haven't tryed that hard.

tonto
08-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Adam, I brought a copy of mine from the technical college that I attended here in western australia

adam
08-11-2005, 01:18 PM
is that the metric version?

tonto
08-11-2005, 11:37 PM
yes it is indeed the metric version adam are you in w.a???

drk_in
10-11-2005, 11:54 AM
does any one have idea about dossat latest edition in SI units,preferably Indian edition? if so plz send me the ISBN no. or address of the publisher

adam
11-11-2005, 09:11 AM
yes it is indeed the metric version adam are you in w.a???

nah, i'm in QLD. how much did it set you back?

Peter_1
11-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Chemi, I send you an email on you private email address (at ...revivim...) but it came back with the message that the address no longer exist.
Is it changed?
Mail me perhaps your new one.

Peter

tonto
13-11-2005, 01:23 AM
Think I ended up paying around 45 dollars for it from what i remember