PDA

View Full Version : manufacturing a small test rig

dazdidge
07-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Hi all, I am hoping to make a small system in my shed for practicing, setting, learning about SH and SC etc etc. I have been working with refrigeration for around 7 years now but until a short time ago it was only a very small part of my job and did not make much of an attempt to understand it. I now have a job as e ref/air con engineer and want to learn more than just the very basics. I have all the kit required and know how to use it safely. I basically want to be able to play about with different charges, TXV/orrifice so I can actually see what is happening in the system and where. Now that things have calmed down after that hot spell of weather I have time to start teaching myself more. What would be a good start as far as sizes of compressor, evap and condens coild etc (single phase only)

thanks in advance
daz

mad fridgie
07-09-2009, 10:27 PM
I have found when training others in the basics, it is some times easier to use water to water systems (evap and cond) these can be manually controlled to give a range constants.
I would choose a semi-hemitic comp (air/water cooled motor) suction pipe direct in the head. Brazed plate heat exchangers, reciever and good size accumulator. Add a bit glycol to your cooling side if you want to try lower temps. (you do not want feeze the evap)