PDA

View Full Version : cps digital vacuum (torr) gauge

robin r33 gtr
07-09-2009, 07:36 PM
I have a cps digital Torr gauge and is not working properly. I test it every so often by putting it straight on the vac pump and let it pull down to 25, the lowest reading. But now it will only pull down to 100. I have been told you have to clean them out every so often with some kind of cleaner, so what do I use.

thanks robin

monkey spanners
07-09-2009, 10:04 PM
I think its alcohol for cleaning these.
How fresh is the oil in the vac pump? as dirty oil will have a similar effect on vacuum readings.

Brian_UK
07-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Yep, alcohol is the stuff to use, I think they call de-natured acohol, get it from a chemist.

acnerd
08-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I had one of those, and it went wrong. Tried to clean in out, changed the battery, but it still showed three lights flashing at once. :(
Went back to a good old analogue dial gauge. :)

simon@parker
09-04-2010, 05:27 PM
our supposed to put neat alcohol in it shake it about to clean it an then leave it open so it can evaporate have used a couple of digital torr gauges an tested them against a proper dial gauge (the expensive one) an the digitals fail to show a pressure rise even brand new from the box they do eventually but it has to be a big leak! i would convince yr company or yr wallet to get the old style dial gauge u cant beat it does the business every time an saves u the hassle of a blocked cappillary have been there hope this helps