PDA

View Full Version : TS-300 30 series Error 40 High Speed

JamieB
07-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Hi, I just purchased a new-2-me truck that came with a TS-300.
It was a panic purchase and I had no idea I could run a self test on the refer unit. It had no error code so someone cleared it or it never threw the code while running, and they never self tested???
Anyhow I did the self test and got an error -28 and error -40.
28. Pretrip Abort
40.High Speed Circuit...Check high speed operation, monitor box temp, repair as required

Can anyone tell me what could cause this?
The unit definelty won't go into high speed but runs fine in turtle mode.
Can I use the unit for now until I can get this fixed.
Nearest TK dealer 400km away. 1 garage tries to work on TK's but in the past they couldn't solve a problem I had on a different TK unit I had.

Thanks.
Jamie...

JamieB
07-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Does anyone know if the service manuals have a step by step for trouble shooting error codes like , check relay x, check fuse y, check solenoid z?
If so maybe I could order one from TK or maybe someone has one and point out the steps
Thanks
Jamie...

abdulazman
09-09-2009, 01:15 AM
JB,
Are you referring to the alarm codes.
Hope this helps a bit.

JamieB
09-09-2009, 02:45 AM
Yes that's it. I run the pretrip test holding the TK button for 3 secs then push enter. The unit runs through the tests and after the defroat test it goes to High Speed Circut test where it shuta down the refer because, I think, there is more than 1 error code.
The alarm codes are 28 and 40.
The 1st is the pretrip or self test abort and then 40 check high speed circuit.
40 says if unit shut down from this code repair imediatly, but does that mean while it was just running and it errored or does it mean if it happens during pretrip test. My impression is the 28 code is what shut the unit down. So I don't know if it's ok to use the refer or do I need to get it fixed 1st. It rus perfectly in turtle mode and has no probs getting to temp and if I shut off turtle mode it stays in turtle mode and will not go to high speed.
Thanks Jamie...

JamieB
12-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Might be getting close to a solution. I talked to a refer tech, who works on alot of ts500's, who suggested it could be a simple blown fuse or stuck solenoid. So I got into the electrical panel but couldn't figure out which fuse was for highspeed circuit. So I started pulling them and checking. None were blown but the contacts were pretty dirty. Didn't have time to clean so I just plugged them back in as I went and ran a new pretrip test.
Now I get a code 33, check engine RPM. I did notice the engine actually speeding up a bit during the test which it hadn't done before. SO I'm going to clean all contacts today and see if that was the problem.
I think I'll have to get a service manual for this unit, so I can narrow down the problems next time and also get into super secure mode to change the read out from F to C. I saw the method in his ts500 manual.

JamieB
12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Just finished cleaning all contacts and didn't get rid of code 33, check rpm.
Low speed rpm is 1900-2000 range and high speed is 2500 rpm.
Anyone know the proper settings for highspeed?
Thanks.