PDA

View Full Version : York YT Centrifugal Chiller

iceman007
04-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to have a minumum current % setting on the Pak controller for one of these. It's possible to current limit it I know. I got a call today for one in a surge condition, the techs on site thought it was a purge. I am sure it's water flow as the rated PD is way off design. It's a solid state starter version. It's just been moved so I doubt the cooling towers are correctly sized or full of scale. We'll have to take the pump strainers and tower strainers out on Monday and se if theres much in there. Otherwise we could just be stuffed. I was only considering the minimum % current to stop any part load surge later in the day..

Cheers

Jagstar
05-09-2009, 04:10 AM
Can you describe the controller?

iceman007
05-09-2009, 06:40 AM
Its a ISN one the PAK touchpad (similar to the Millenium style but a little older)

goshen
06-09-2009, 08:39 PM
hi there try this one:
http://www.york.com/products/esg/YorkEngDocs/910.pdf;)

abdulazman
07-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Are you refering to the attached sample controller :o

serviceman
28-10-2009, 06:34 PM
had a similar problem of increased power in the engine, limit the current 95 % and even so is alarmo, is found that is damaged habia bands towers, not dispel dissipate heat coolant increases pressure and that causes that the take-over electrical engine an envelope effort