PDA

View Full Version : refco digimon gauges

123-steve909
03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Hello everyone,
I have just got a set of new digimon gauges and have found them reading 8psi when the fridge is in negative pressure, so I tested them with a calibrated testo pressure gauge and found the digimon to be 9psi out :rolleyes: not happy!!!

Suppose that’s what you get from buying gauges that look like they are from toys r us

Anyone else had a problem with these?

Cheers
Steve

nike123
03-09-2009, 01:44 PM
http://digitalzeus.wordpress.com/2008/05/13/refco%C2%AE-digimon%C2%AE-digital-gauge-failures/

marc5180
03-09-2009, 10:58 PM
I was thinking of buying these last year, i was swayed by the low price but i didn't end up buying them...luckily.

At my local wholesalers i have seen about 10 pairs returned, as the saying goes...... you get what you pay for

Brian_UK
03-09-2009, 10:58 PM
So, you're sending them back under warranty then ?

Next time insist on a calibration certificate.

wandowski
09-09-2009, 04:42 PM
take you hoses off,and re zero them!!!i re zero every now and then,tells you how with the manual,then test them with another set of gauges!been using mine for a year now with no faults,even the probe is still working,have been using them for reading pressure when testing a system and find them very usefull

icecube51
09-09-2009, 10:11 PM
got one for more than 8 monds now. just reset or recalibrate and they work just fine. just watch out for the automatic subcool or subheat calculation. always keep a sliderule at hand to dubbelcheck.

Ice

ps; you get wat you pay for,for 5 times the money there is always the testo.

123-steve909
10-09-2009, 07:58 AM
i ended up trying to get a calibration certificate and after they had stopped laughing at me, i sent them back and spent a bit more money on testo gauges....they arrive today

wandowski
10-09-2009, 05:28 PM
i ended up trying to get a calibration certificate and after they had stopped laughing at me, i sent them back and spent a bit more money on testo gauges....they arrive today

a bit more for testo!!how much more if u dont mind me asking:D

123-steve909
14-09-2009, 10:35 AM
i paid £280 for them from the trade counter, im just looking at them and he has sent me the 523 by mistake:D

SENDONE
19-09-2009, 02:17 AM
I have a question about the digimon gauges, the probe that comes with the guages, is that probe the thermistor probe (actual metal probe) or is it the small temperature wire sensor that comes with some digital meter. I have been debating on getting a set for myself - they are 245.00 at the siglee-reeves store (that includes the gauge, hoses, and hard back case) - what it the case for, can you put the guages back in the case with the hose attached to it.

beejay
19-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Steve ,
Its actually quite common for many gauges to be "out" , when stacked up against true references.I'd recommend that you see the supplier for a warranty claim.The claim being that the "auto zero" function of the gauge set is NOT operating correctly.This sometimes happens , and also on your side , you need to be sure that you have relieved your hoses down to 0 psig /kpa-as applicable - ie pressure of oil refrig mix is not retained in your hoses by schraders etc , if calibrating with an open hose connected.Basically these instruments have an inbuildt reference for 0 calibration.IF Faulty !,its warranty - plain and simple.

HVACGod
20-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Steve ,
Its actually quite common for many gauges to be "out" , when stacked up against true references.

That statement is true only when applied to the analog gauge - all analog gauges.

It is an inaccurate statement however, of the Digi-Cool® DRSA™ and the Testo® RSA Series.

We've published volumes and volumes of FieldTests and Evaluations on all of the DMG's currently available - including early testing on the Refco® Digimon® that revealed it was unreliable, inaccurate, tended to range excessively and published details relevant to difficulties in having acceptable warranty resolution met.

While there are the occasional few that are satisfied with this unit - the rate or dissatisfaction and failure far, far exceeds those that are satisfied with it. The capabilities and features of the Digimon® were not accurately represented, the components applied to achieve those capabilities were inadequate for field applications, the piece was unreasonably priced (far too low - to have the capabilities it was advertised to have), and the component structure (quality) was far too low to meet the warranty offered on it.

It would seem, at least in this instance.........you really do get exactly what you pay for. ;)

fusbblood
10-04-2010, 11:20 PM
wish I found this site before I bought mine. But hey only paid £100 ponds for them. Still cant understand the vac gauge reading -762microns or (flip to the other settings) -1013mb. back on ebay soon me thinks

lomb
09-05-2010, 11:19 AM
digimon is rubbish. the vacuum only indictes down to about 95% vacuum.However we are looking for in excess of 99.5% so the digimon cannot go this low which means to measure the vacuum we need a seperate absolute vacuum gauge.

nike123
09-05-2010, 11:50 AM
http://instrumetrix.wordpress.com/2008/05/13/refco%C2%AE-digimon%C2%AE-digital-gauge-failures/