PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV2

icecube51
01-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I went to a site yesterday were they have 12 Daikin VRV2 units. 2 of them are making a lot of noise,whitch comes from the compressors.whe lifted the complete units and put rubber matting underneed(3cm thick).
its better, but the sound is now moving throu the pipes. i now there are flexible connectors but do they take the sound away as well??

all tips welcome,

Ice

acnerd
01-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Hello Ice

It's been awhile since I installed Daikin VRV's, but seem to recall that the systems come with compressor brackets attached to stop them moving about during shipping. It's worth having a look; normally painted bright yellow or something. Not too obvious as they can be hidden by the compressor jackets. They are attached around the rubber mounting brackets, and when left in, will transmit a lot of compressor vibration through the pipework.

icecube51
02-09-2009, 08:15 AM
thnx acnerd, i have to go back this week and shall look around. its a unit whit 3 comps inside,it will not be simple.

Ice

2-Cool
03-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Ice,

I am 99% sure that the VRVII does not come with these brackets.

What is the Loud Noise like?

Is the compressors vibrating at all?

icecube51
03-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Yep, all the other units are running like humming bee's and these ones are roaring. the make a deep sound witch vibrates throu the seeling. i am talking about a hotel,so there are at least 5 rooms complaning that they have bad nights.the units are build and placed in 2005,so we cold out,an had a technician from Daikin at site to day. for him the sound is normal but will help us figger out a solution.to pitty i could not be there to ask him , if the sound is normal, the figgering out solution will be quickly done dan.as far as i can tell,the comps are worn out on bearings,because they where tilted by 4cm on the condenser side.we put them straight up, and on max speed compressor the sound is far less already. it will come back,i now, but next time i hope to be there when the Daikin service is there.

Ice

Ice