PDA

View Full Version : Need help in calculating the cooling load or making a mathematical model

nadam54321
01-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Hi all, am Madan, an Accessory design student from India...Am currently planning to work on Solar thermal based project.

It consists of spot fresnel lens concentrator focussed onto a steam bolier that in turn turns the turbine thereby gets mechanical power. The turbine shaft is connected to a scroll compresor of a commercial air conditioning setup.

For the first step of this project, I need help in making a mathematical model for the set-up.

Case: For a commercial shopping mall area of 5000sq.ft in Indian conditionings,
1. Cooling load

2. Mechanical shaft power reqd. for the scroll compressor to achieve the required cooling load

3. General Consideration of the efficiency of turbines, steam(Rankine cycle) as in power generations only the difference is that we are doing it in a small scale, hence then the amount of thermal(solar) energy required.

4. The area of the Fresnel lens required onto the roof area of the building to catch the required thermal energy.

Thanks a lot for anyone who could help me in moving this project ahead in any way.......

Lets make out Our Own home Independent from Energy Dependence.....

Brian_UK
01-09-2009, 11:06 PM
You need to provide a lot more information if you want sensible answers.

Your shopping mall is 5000 sq.ft, I'm sorry but this tells us nothing. Nobody can prepare results from a single number like that.

I think that you have a lot of technical reading to catch up on to find your answers.