PDA

View Full Version : Condenser Temperature. HOW TO model it in 3D?

ruzfactor
31-08-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm working on Refrigeration system where I wanna see the effect on condenser temperature by varying the water flow rate which should strike the condenser. A rough sketch is given. A transparent box covers the half of the condenser and a continuous water jet strikes condenser to take heat from it. I want to model it in 3D and simulate it. but don't know how. Please help.

Thanks

Brian_UK
31-08-2009, 11:08 PM
I think that you may need to ask this question on the computer based forum somewhere.

wojcik2088
01-09-2009, 12:27 AM
To the kind of thing you are talking about, is a field called finite element analysis...But I don't think you really need this. It is very usefull in dealing with dynamic systems that require a lot of detail, but most engineering I have seen in hvac & refrigeration work don't care about the micro level dynamics, it is all bout total energy moving in and out and how. You shouldn't need to worry about the temp delta in the condenser coil in 1 cm increments- and if you need too, I think you would be happier in another field. But I do understand enjoying the process, and wanting to SEE it...

I know enough to know that I don't know enough to do the kind of analysis of which you speak, and I am something of a geek. But if you are really comitted to it, start searching Finite Element Analysis... I would guess there are some open-source tools out there, but I think you will be disappointed to see what you need to know to start modelling it...And the learing curve isn't flat.

I sincerly wish you the best of luck finding what you want, and if you don't succeed, in finding what you need.

Douglas

ruzfactor
03-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Can some one tell me where can I get theoretical explanation on the following topics:

1)Effect of Water flow rate on condenser and evaporator temperature
2)Effect of condenser temperature on COP
3)Effect of evaporator temp on COP

Which software can be used to draw schematics like this one:

US Iceman
03-09-2009, 01:57 PM
3D is for solid modeling or layout work. You need a modeling program that incorporates the heat transfer calculations and instrumentation for input data to run the calculations. The FEA software mentioned earlier will work. Another way to see this might be to use LabView: http://www.ni.com/labview/

You would have to connect the instrumentation to the PC and you can probably put the calculations in Excel and then chart the operating results.

ruzfactor
04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
someone please explain and correct me if I'm wrong:

1) At the first post of this thread I explained what I want to do with the condenser. But I wanna know something that is: I'm flowing water at a certain rate to the condenser and the water taking the heat flows out of the condenser chamber. What happens if I reduce the flow rate or increase it? at a high flow rate water takes small amount of heat from the condenser and at low rate it takes more heat. Is this correct?

2)If this method is applied in evaporator chamber what changes occur in evaporator temp. due to change in flow rate of water? Does increasing flow rate decreases load in the evaporator?

**Water will leave both chambers at free flow.

Plz explain.

RefrigNoob
07-09-2009, 10:57 AM
http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/floefd-floworks-flotherm/