PDA

View Full Version : How can I convince my supervisor to

bigdan
28-08-2009, 11:11 AM
stop using recovered/contaminated refrigerant???

I need some hard data I can show him that this practice is adding to our equipment problems.

Someone told him that recovery machines don't recover air and other contaminants, only the refrigerant.......UGH....:rolleyes:

nike123
28-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Your supervisor probably know that, and he creates additional job for your company.
Why are you hate him, especial in this recession times?;)

Tesla
28-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Why not show him how to remove air, moisture and other contaminants from the gas. Then impliment a system which ensures that the same gas goes back into the same system/customer it came out of. It's a rather simple process and totally chargable to the customer. To remove moisture and other contaminants we use filters and driers. To remove non condensabeles sit the gas in a cylender and let it settle, then take off about 10% into another cylender. Take temp and press measurements (accurately) and compare against a pressure/temperature chart for that gas. Repeat untill gas is good, with the mix or non condensables, send off to supplier for recycling and charge back to the customer any costs. If you have an ignorant supervisor who will not listen - look for a better company to work for but ... good luck in these hard times.

bigdan
28-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Your supervisor probably know that, and he creates additional job for your company.
Why are you hate him, especial in this recession times?;)

Where are you getting hate from?? I'm just trying to find a link to some hard data that I can show him.:confused:

nike123
29-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Where are you getting hate from?? I'm just trying to find a link to some hard data that I can show him.:confused:
Smiley at the end means that I am joking.

Toosh
29-08-2009, 08:27 AM

I need some hard data I can show him that this practice is adding to our equipment problems.

Someone told him that recovery machines don't recover air and other contaminants, only the refrigerant.......UGH....:rolleyes:

Hi Dan, Get the specs for your pump and see what it does and then compare to this one if this is better show your supervisor. Don`t get your panties in a twist with Nike he is a good guy and a smart one.

http://www.vansteenburghengr.com/

Good Luck Norm :D

abbsnowman
29-08-2009, 05:34 PM
I doubt they make panties big enough for Big Dan. LOL :off topic:

bigdan
29-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Panties are meant to be worn on the head.

The cotton part goes over your nose and you can see out the leg holes.:o

Don't you guys know anything?

Of course I heard Canadians where them with the brown spot over the nose.:confused:

lowcool
30-08-2009, 03:05 AM
if your talking cfcs no problems,latest gases one reclaim would probably be ok,two reclaims and you would be losing refrigerant integrity i think.using second hand refrigerant on a new compressor the man should have his head read.the chance of acid contamination would have to be high as i presume your not the only one practising on these units using reclaimed gas.i have seen somewhere about proportions of refrigerant "missing" before it becomes unstable.
as far as im concerned reclaiming of refrigerant is just another sales gimmick as it was mainly addressed at large clientelle customers and the auto air industry when reusing of cfcs was allowed.

maybe a referral to a shrink is in order

abbsnowman
30-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Of course I heard Canadians where them with the brown spot over the nose.:confused:[/quote]

Hey, what the heck? I was sticking up for you!
Everyone knows the brown spot is a racing stripe!

Toosh
30-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Of course I heard Canadians where them with the brown spot over the nose.:confused:

lmfao :D

Hey, what the heck? I was sticking up for you!
Everyone knows the brown spot is a racing stripe![/QUOTE]

bigdan
30-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Sorry Snowman...

I meant to say French Canadians:)

Yuri B.
31-08-2009, 03:41 PM
By Tesla

To remove non condensabeles sit the gas in a cylender and let it settle, then take off about 10% into another cylender. Take temp and press measurements (accurately) and compare against a pressure/temperature chart for that gas. Repeat untill gas is good

"Non-condesables" by definition cannot be mixed in the liquid refrigerant. Why to cull 10% of the latter as unusable? Why non-condensables cannot be just let out out the cylinder's top, at a very slow rate - very slightly opening valve, not allowing almost any boliling. Maybe 20gr refirgerant will only be lost, let out - along with all non-condensables (anyway we uwillingly let out into the atm much more while we work).

bigdan
01-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks for all the ideas people.
I think I've got him starting to think about it.
I'm gonna push for only using virgin (just like snowman):D refrigerant in the trucks and use our recovered refrigerant in the stationary equipment around the plant that is not as sensitive.

abbsnowman
02-09-2009, 05:56 AM
I like ya BigDan, you can kiss my ass but I like ya!
PS, big guys like you don't know much about getting virgins! lol

bigdan
02-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I can dream can't I ? :o

absolute-zero
04-10-2009, 03:09 PM

Dan,

Your supervisor sounds like an un-educated jack ass at best.

I guess when your supervisor has to pick up costs on come back repairs such as replacement of costly compressors and TXV's along with system burnout clean ups, he will then realize he is doing something wrong.

However if your supervisor has found this method to be profitable in chargeing the customer for poor practices then you may never change it or convince to do other wise.

A-Z

Contactor
04-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Here in the UK the re-use of refrigerant is not permitted due to recent legislation, unless you are putting it back in to the same system. I can only assume that, as usual, the UK is leading the world and that those of you overseas should be properly educated and trained.

absolute-zero
04-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Here in the UK the re-use of refrigerant is not permitted due to recent legislation, unless you are putting it back in to the same system. I can only assume that, as usual, the UK is leading the world and that those of you overseas should be properly educated and trained.

The USA Federal Environmental Protection Act follows the same rules. The only time a refrigerant can change ownership is when it has been recycled to a AHRAE standard.

Anyone in the USA that services class 1, 2, and 3 refrigeration sytems and is EPA 608 type 1, 2, and 3 knows this.

Regards A-Z

abbsnowman
06-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Wow Contactor, bit arrogant are we mate?
We have the Same rules.

absolute-zero
06-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Wow Contactor, bit arrogant are we mate?
We have the Same rules.

Actually the last time I checked there are now over 180 nations in the world that follow this rule.

Came along ways since the treaty was written and signed off between 22 nations 20 years ago.

Oh, before I forget to add and ABBS can appreciate this. The treaty which is known as the Montreal Protocol took place in Quebec Montreal Canada.:D

A-Z

Contactor
06-10-2009, 08:57 PM
actually i'm not arrogant, i am just better than everyone else and i know everything.

abbsnowman
06-10-2009, 11:50 PM
I love guys like you actualy. As long as you can take it when your wrong. lol

absolute-zero
07-10-2009, 02:30 AM
actually i'm not arrogant, i am just better than everyone else and i know everything.

I cant wait to be that good again. I used to know everything when I was a young teenager but after I moved out on my own and got a job I forgot it all.

A-Z

FreezerGeezer
07-10-2009, 11:33 AM
ROFL! :D Nice one A-Z. I fell much the same.

absolute-zero
07-10-2009, 02:24 PM
ROFL! :D Nice one A-Z. I fell much the same.

My oldest son just turned 16, perhaps I can get him on these forum boards to answer some of these questions, after all he also knows everything too.;)

A-Z

abbsnowman
08-10-2009, 05:20 AM
I choose to be honest so unfortunately that omits my ability to say I know it all. ;)

AZ, you may not know it all but you can almost see the last page. lol

absolute-zero
08-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I choose to be honest so unfortunately that omits my ability to say I know it all. ;)

AZ, you may not know it all but you can almost see the last page. lol

I dont think my life or work would be much fun or fulfilling if I knew everything. It would be too easy.

I find it very self rewarding to learn something new, and even sometimes a reminder or refresher is nice. ;)

A-Z