PDA

View Full Version : DeLonghi Split/Portable Model CS600eco (info needed)

Makeit go Right
27-08-2009, 05:23 PM
One of our customers has a troublesome split/portable, as above. While I continue selling a fixed system.....

The particular fault is that a relay seems to be sticking, holding the compressor on no matter what temperature/mode setting on the controller. Even when switched off at controller, the unit continues to cool. It just continues cooling on and on until it freezes up, or gets switched off at the socket.

We believe the relay that should switch on/off the cooling would be integral to the PCB, and a new PCB would be required. Or, maybe it is a plug-in component, which can be alone replaced. We have tried the various websites (they all seem to run back to the one outlet) but they/it does not offer a PCB for this model. Just basic spares.

DeLonghi (ie Kenwood) are useless. They can only refer one to their authorised repair companies. They have no technical staff or any info like Service Manuals or internal wiring details, or at least the lady I spoke to assured me that was the case. They just refer everyone off to their authorised repair contractors. (I’m not keen to introduce another aircon company to my customer, that’s for sure.)

So,
a) Does anyone know where we could locate Internal Wiring Details and a useful Service Manual for this equipment, so the repair engineer is armed when he goes in to fix the thing? (Note, I have the basic manual downloaded from the DeLonghi.co.uk website but that is just a (low-technical level) User Manual, showing how to clean filters, and no use here.)

b) Anyone know where I could buy a PCB, or other such obscure components? There are several 4Delonghi spares websites that seem to be the same place. They offer some bits but not PCBs etc.

lowcool
28-08-2009, 03:03 AM
gday makeit go right,sounds like youve run into a few dead ends,typical for this day and age.maybe try locating the relay on the board,being for the compressor it would be the biggest one i would think,gleen as much info off it you can and solder pin locations,then trot off to your local electronics store to see if they can get a suitable replacement.its not that hard to replace it using a solder sucker or similar to remove the old one.
good luck fella

Makeit go Right
31-08-2009, 02:31 AM
Thanks, Lowcool. That sounds like the best way to go with this one.

pen_ster2002
10-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I have come across this before. I still have some old boards, I used to swap them them bring them back and solder on a new relay. You can get the relay from RS components. Or you can buy a new board from connect distribution but it wont be cheap. Delonghi have changed the board a few times, so I have boards with three slightly different connection blocks. Do you have any serial numbers? I may be able to let you have one of them.