PDA

View Full Version : CAE4440YHR Condensing unit

pactor
26-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Hello I was hoping fro some advice, this 134a condensing unit is only 1/3hp and it say's it's CSIR (cap start induction run) in the book, but when it arrived there was no start cap fitted and where it would be connected is linked out. But it starts ok and runs without a cap, so should I fit one anyway. It seems fine without it. The start relay works and cuts out the start winding.
Under the lid it has PPC + TD20
does that mean anything. If it neeeded a cap would it not have been fitted when it arrived.

Thanks very much

nike123
26-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Start capacitor should be fitted.
Check this manual (http://www.tecumseh-europe.fr/misc/PlateformeDocumentaire/3-Documentations/11-Notices/38-Groupes_de_condensation/Notice%20Groupe%20Car%E9n%E9.pdf) page 24.

pactor
26-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks I'll study that.

I downloaded 2 pdf compressor files and one for a CAE4440Y show's a drawing with a capacitor on the side and another for a AE3440Y has no cap and say's it's RSIR starting I was wondering if we had this compressor by mistake but it had CAE4440Y on the box. The resistance of the windings are different. I will measure them and see what appears. They are the same compressors except one is for high back pressure.

Thanks

pactor