PDA

View Full Version : johnl

johnl
26-08-2009, 07:43 PM
I have a small Prestcold compressor Type 29/25c 12/sh. Serial no A2757. 1/4 horse power. with Ranco pressure switches, the main body castings have the letters IMC cast in a raised elliptical pad. It looks identical to a Copeland DK series Compressor. I intend using it to power a small steam model using approximately 20 psi pressure.
The Copeland literature refers to oil pressure sensors,
site level indicators etc, which the above compressor does not have. With the filler plug removed the oil level is 2 inches below the top of the plug hole. Any advice would be appreciated, on the correct oil level and the type of oil I should use. And any relevent information would be helpfull

multisync
26-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I have a small Prestcold compressor Type 29/25c 12/sh. Serial no A2757. 1/4 horse power. with Ranco pressure switches, the main body castings have the letters IMC cast in a raised elliptical pad. It looks identical to a Copeland DK series Compressor. I intend using it to power a small steam model using approximately 20 psi pressure.
The Copeland literature refers to oil pressure sensors,
site level indicators etc, which the above compressor does not have. With the filler plug removed the oil level is 2 inches below the top of the plug hole. Any advice would be appreciated, on the correct oil level and the type of oil I should use. And any relevent information would be helpfull

All fridge compressors have a slight oil carryover when running. How ill you prevent the thing from emptying of oil over time?