PDA

View Full Version : NEFF Fridge Freezer Problem

Diligenta
25-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi,

I have a Neff Fridge Freezer where the freezer is cold but fridge is only marginally cool.

An engineer came out today, suggested the problem was caused by low gas pressure, topped up the refrigerant.

After turning the fridge freezer back on the back panel of the fridge started to chill (in fact started frosting up) but then the unit stopped making any noise at all.

Now, turning it off and then back on results in a loud banging/vibrating noise from the compress and after a few seconds the unit appears to switch itself off.

Engineer has suggested that there is a blockage in the refrigant circuit - Does this sound right and if so are we now looking at a replacement unit?

nike123
25-08-2009, 02:38 PM
I would say that engineer has overfilled your fridge with excessive amount of refrigerant and now searching his way out at your expense.
Blockage in your system has been before his fiddling with refrigerant charge.

Diligenta
25-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the reply - I did wonder if pehaps the refrigerant pressure was too high - Is there anything that can be done now or is it a case of a replacement unit.?

nike123
25-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the reply - I did wonder if pehaps the refrigerant pressure was too high - Is there anything that can be done now or is it a case of a replacement unit.?

That depend on economics in your country.
Regarding refrigerator, it could be repaired by removing excess refrigerant and finding what is actual fault (if compressor survived).

I would call that engineer again, let him to repair that fridge and then dispute bill from last repair (actually I would pay only difference between those two bills) If compressor is dead, I would ask him to change it at his expense, since he is responsible for his death.