PDA

View Full Version : Apprentice Help!

Paul88
24-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Hi there. I am in a situation where i had an apprenticeship but right before i was to start college the company made me redundant and they called it cut backs. I live in North Wales. I have been trying for 3 months now to get back in the trade as a maintenance / case clean or apprentice or second man but no one seems interested all they want is qualified engineers. I could really do with some help and pointed in the right direction. I hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks

Paul

Contactor
25-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi Paul

My tutor at college on the NVQ offered to work for free in order to get into the trade, he now has a masters in physics.

This is an old problem, even experienced people have trouble without the right certificates, particularly now you must have safe handling etc...

Paul88
25-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi Paul

My tutor at college on the NVQ offered to work for free in order to get into the trade, he now has a masters in physics.

This is an old problem, even experienced people have trouble without the right certificates, particularly now you must have safe handling etc...
Hi there Cheers for replying

I found this job so interesting and challenging and the best thing is your constantly learning new things which is brilliant. I write and ring company's and i say take me on for three months as a trial and i will show u what i can do but they still don't go for that. i just cant see a way forward. Its the only trade i find so inteteresting. Hopefully soon luck will come my way.

Thank you for replying
Paul

Paul88
25-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi there Cheers for replying

I found this job so interesting and challenging and the best thing is your constantly learning new things which is brilliant. I write and ring company's and i say take me on for three months as a trial and i will show u what i can do but they still don't go for that. i just cant see a way forward. Its the only trade i find so inteteresting. Hopefully soon luck will come my way.

Thank you for replying
Paul
Hi everone if any one has anymore suggestions then please reply

Many Thanks

Paul

superswill
26-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Try trade counters for local job adverts and try and try again

good luck with your search

Paul88
26-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Try trade counters for local job adverts and try and try again

good luck with your search
I no yeah i just keep on trying just so frustrating. I got the love for this job i found it so interesting and challenging which is brilliant. If you hear of anything please let me now

Cheers Superswill

superswill
26-08-2009, 11:00 PM
What about uploading your CV on one of many sites like:

http://www.cv-library.co.uk

also there is a jobs section on here:

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/jobs/

ok so 99% will be after timed served engineers but if you can find out who is taking on in your area its a start